KEF LS 60 problem after firmware update 1.4

Roon Core Machine

Windows 10 - Intel i5-9500 @ 3 GHz - 16 GB

Networking Gear & Setup Details

TP-Link AX3000 WiFi 6 Router - 802.11ax Wireless Router

The wireless and the PC are linked via ethernet. The LS 60 are running wireless.

Connected Audio Devices

KEF LS 60

Number of Tracks in Library

16,000 tracks

Description of Issue

My LS 60s were working fine with roon until KEF updated the firmware last night to 1.4. Now Roon won’t work correctly with them. The speakers sometimes appear as Roon Ready. When I play them via this mode, they drop out after a few seconds. At other times the Roon Ready version disappear altogether and they are only available via google or chrome cast cast.

Streaming Qobuz via the KEF app works fine–absolutely no issues. It is only when I am playing via Roon.

Logs uploaded on Roon log server under adornoWest

(I reset the ls 60s and re-added them to google home–no luck. Same problems.)

@adornoWest, have you rebooted your W10 Roon Core as well as your router also? What Build version of Roon Core are you running, 1223 or something else?

Hi Robert_F, thanks for the help. After several rounds of reboots (I had already tried one round when I posted), things seem to have settled and are now working properly. Fingers crossed that they will remain so…

1 Like

@adornoWest, glad to hear you are back up and running, and hoping for the best with stability.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.