KEF LS50 wireless - roon ready? [not roon ready, but supported natively]

I’m guessing the excitement of the typical Roon users is rather “meh” for this news :slight_smile:

I have been waiting for the ability to swap left and right speakers. Updated the firmware. The app has been updated to include spotify support but I see nowhere in the setting to swap the speakers … ugh.

Lucky you. I tried to upgrade firmware on my LS50W’s today, but is fails: Error 301. And I am not the only one… It says my PC is not connected to the internet the moment it tries to download (after hitting the update button), but off course it is connected to the internet and firewall and antivirus is disabled. Any tips? :roll_eyes:

mine just went through the update with no issues.

app also updated, see spotify but no speaker swap setting…

Some of that might be changed physically in back of the speakers.
They updated the faq on this sort of thing last firmware update but not seeing it there.

I still can’t see the download link for Mac OSX… It’s there but it’s no link, just text. Is is just me?

I have the same problem as you. No MacOS link.

You don’t need that link - just use your previous copy of the LS50_Wireless_Firmware_Update_Tool.dmg. Or use the mac link lower down the page. the app that updates the firmware has not changed from what I can tell - it just pulls the latest firmware from kef. Thats what I did and it updated fine.

What Mac link lower down the page?

Does anyone have the old LS50_Wireless_Firmware_Update_Tool.dmg? I would love a copy.

Can’t find it anywhere.

You are right. No Mac link anywhere, sorry. I checked the page source and they simply have not included a mac link - looks intentional not a typo on the page. Wonder why that is. Maybe they don’t want people using the mac updater yet?

Just updated, thanks for the hint @nquery ! Listening to spotify connect s we speak…

@Lars_Erik_Ringen1 send me your email via PM. I can send you the app over (make sure your inbox can handle 16MB attachments)

Have anyone used the old one for updating successfully yet?

There must be a reason they haven’t made it available yet…

might be, yes. All I can say is that it went through smoothly on my pair of LS50w.

I also used my prior copy. But honestly, unless you want to use spotify there is no need. (Well, there is the speaker left/right swap which I really would like to use but no info on how to set it … )

The old updater worked like a charm. Thanks osss.

1 Like

:+1: glad it worked out so well!

The only thing I need now is the Roon-update, with KEF LS50 Wireless support.

I look forward to se the quality of this feature, compared to my Auralic Aries Mini with upgraded linear PSU, connected to the speakers with USB and a Wyred4Sound Recovery reclocker.

2 Likes

Same problem here… update error, no internet connexion… I do not have the old version of the updater …

I don’t use Spotify either or care about switching speakers but I bet there are some other bug fixes in this update that they don’t mention. I’ll just wait until the Mac updater is out though. I could do it from Parallels on a Mac but I’m in no rush.