KEF LS50 wireless - roon ready? [not roon ready, but supported natively]

Have you ever tried to do it on a Mac via Parallels? I tried it and it did not work. Something in the way Parallels communicates with the hardware layer caused me an issue. It would not communicate with the speakers. I Gave up and found an old Widows machine. This was in the last update and before they had a Mac version.

I suspected it would be an issue with Parrallels which is another reason I didn’t try it. Plus Parrallels is on my work issued Mac not my personal one so it had all sorts of controls on it.

The Mac link is active now.

…wonder when the ROON support will come…another week gone by…

I’m feeling patient about it for once figuring it will be ready when it’s ready.
There was just new firmware which probably requires more testing on Roon’s part.
Speaking of that I just updated from the now available OS X download link with no issues.

1 Like

The Spotify addition is working very nicely…

1 Like

From my experience of being in, and later running, a startup I can tell you that there will be a lot of other priorities clamouring for the attention of the Roon team above and beyond Kef support. The longer this takes, the longer those other tasks get delayed and the risk of missed opportunities elsewhere increases. So I would love to share your patience but, in my experience, this is quickly getting into the law of diminishing returns for the Roon team. For how much longer do they continue to invest in debugging this? And to balance that against reneging on a promise to the Roon Kef community? I just hope a tough decision like that doesn’t have to be made.

It’s not like they will make money from this either. It sounds more like they just like the Kef’s. My guess is it will happen when it is ready.

1.14 firmware seems to be stable… Just figuring out deployment now

6 Likes

Thanks for the update :blush:
By the way I have two of the new Sonos One speakers coming and I’ll be trying out Roon with those.

Fantastic :smiley:

Oh the irony that I was listening to ‘Faith’ by George Michael when I read this…

Sweet Wait! Hardware is not friendly enough but you guys still worked it out!
super :triumph:

LS50W just get better, isn’t it?

Somewhat cryptic … Doesn’t deployment usually just mean the next roon release?? :wink:

For Roon only software, that’s what it usually means. But for partner stuff, there is always marketing stuff to work out.

1 Like

I see Kef is already advertising that the speakers work with Roon. I got an e-mail from them a few days ago showing that.

2 Likes

Well that’s the marketing stuff sorted. Let’s deploy!

6 Likes

Wow. “Available to buy now”. But where?!