Kef LS50W - can't play hi-res above 96kHz

No need for two DACs, just something like this.

I have the same wifi issue with my LS50W. I have a Bluesound node 2i connected to the analog inputs on the LS50W. I use the Node 2I for my streaming. I have no issues streaming 192/24 content using the Bluesound. I find the Bluesound application to be much better for streaming to the LS50 than the Kef streaming app. This type of fix is a little expensive but it works very well. The sound is just a touch warmer than using the LS50W standalone. The Node 2I also supports the new Tidal connect network connection.

1 Like

This is EXACTLY what I have done. I don’t have to fight with the horrendous KEF apps, either using the BLUEOS apps or Roon to run things. And I concur, the sound is a tad warmer, but the annoying/enraging clipping vanishes. The next time I purchase speakers, they will NOT be powered versions.

+1 to the unlucky lot. Mine won’t play above 96khz Roon+Qobuz. I got the speakers in 2020 April and have been streaming using Tidal and Spotify. Recently switched to Qobuz and learned that my speakers won’t play hi-res tracks. I’ve reached out to Kef support this afternoon and I wonder if they’ll take case seriously as I’m out of the warranty period.

Any response from KEF? I have had the same issue for awfully long time now.

I sent them a question about 6 month ago (maybe more) via webpage https://eu.kef.com/pages/contact-us
I asked will it be fixed in the future firmware update.
They didn’t even answer :frowning: No response at all.

Apparantly the warranty has been extended to 2 years (not sure if it’s just for Australia). I consider myself lucky and delighted to say that Kef wrote back to me and arranged for a replacement of the wifi board on my speakers for free of cost. Extremely happy with their service!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.