KEF LSX not downsampling 192kHz files in Roon

Hi, I connected the Master speaker directly to the cable modem with an ethernet cable and … no difference. Sorry.

Regards

Phil

Hi @Philip_Murray,

Thanks for letting me know those results. The hardware team is looking into this issue and we might have to involve KEF if this report becomes reproducible in the lab. As soon as I have more information to share I will be sure to let you know.

Thanks,
Noris

I saw this in the “Kef LSX introduction” thread from @Ben_Hagens

I think this relates to plugging in the speaker inter-connect lead rather than plugging in an Ethernet cable back to the router, however, I wonder if the LSX need to be ‘told’ to connect via wired Ethernet to a router after being plugged in, or if they do it automatically…?

Hi @Dan_Brown,

You are indeed correct here, you would need to enable “Cable Mode” in the KEF Control app for them to communicate over the Ethernet link otherwise they would still be using WiFi, even though the Ethernet link is connected. This would be another good place to check @Philip_Murray just for any possible issues in that regard.

Thanks,
Noris

1 Like

Yup, this is the interspeaker connection, which needs the Cable Mode enabled.

For the network, Ethernet automatically takes priority over WiFi. This doesn’t need any settings changes in the app.

1 Like