Kernel panic - not syncing: attempted to kill init [resolved]

Hi!

My NUC rock has been working fine since installation (6 months). Today, the NUC was not connecting as a ROON core and it showed the attached messages upon rebooting.

My NUC specs are:

NUC8i7BEH3
Crucial 8GB DDR4 - 2400
Transcend NVMe 256GB

I also have a samsung a Kingston SSD 960 attached to store music.

Greatly appreciated any advice given to solve the problem.

Walter

Hi @Walter_Del_Castillo. I’m not going to be able to offer a fix as it’s ROCK. I do know enough Linux to tell you that it’s a fundamental boot failure and the Roon OS image is damaged. Failure to find /etc/fstab means no filesystems, not good. It’s almost certainly data corruption and not hardware. I only replied as kernel panic caught my eye, the most alarming of the Linux error messages. Don’t panic and wait for help…

1 Like

Thanks! Yes, i hope to get support on this. I may need to reset and re-install everything again? Unfortunately, I have not been able to find a guide online to do that.

So I stumbled on this Transcend 256GB SSD failed after only 9 months which looks familiar, you might want to read it.

There seems to be a bit of it about and you may have a similar issue.

Another

Walter, I have moved your thread to the support area of the forum where it will be seen by Roon staff.

Your problem most likely is related to the issue some ROCK users have experienced after upgrading yesterday to build 220. Less than an hour ago, Roon released a new ROCK build (227) which resolves the issue.

Look here:

1 Like