So, I’ve created a Roon add-on for Kodi. This will allow you to browse your Roon library from your big screen and/or show a fullscreen OSD of what is currently being played by the selected Roon zone.
Interested ? Well, here are the steps to install:
Download and install the api proxy nodeJS module from https://github.com/marcelveldt/roon-extension-api-proxy
Make sure it’s up and running (by default on port 3006) before you continue !
Install the Roon add-on from my repo.
Configure the host/port to the proxy you installed at step 1.
- Collection browsing (basic details only!)
- Zone control (start playback on zone X)
- No playlist management (as that is not in the Roon api as far as I’m aware of)
- Fullscreen OSD to show what’s playing on the selected zone.
- Developed as true Kodi plugin, so your Kodi skin will apply the look and feel.
By using Kodi as starting point there’s a jump start in creating a Roon control app for the big screen.
It will by no means come near the usability of the native Roon apps but it will be some kind of workaround in the being.
Have fun with it !
If you run into any issues, please post them here.