Kodi addon for Roon

@Marcel_van_der_Veldt
You are my hero. This is what I was searching for.
Looks and works great so far.
The only issue is that I can’t get your repo working. I can install it but could’t get a connection. So I installed the plugin from the zip file.

Really great work. Thank you.

(Marcel van der Veldt) #22

Great, thanks for testing. Hmmm, weird that my repo is failing. As far as I’m aware it’s in use by 10.000’s of users so it should work. I’ll take a look just to be sure.

The repo is working now.

(Scott Fletcher) #24

Hi I don’t suppose there would be an option to get this working within a NAS QNAP based Roon core?

(Marcel van der Veldt) #25

Any box that runs Kodi will run this just fine. For the nodejs extension you can use your core nas/server or any other machine in your network.

Would love this, but the extensio.api.proxy fails to install. Running KODI Liea on XBOX X…

Thanks

(Nicolas Will) #27

Very cool addon. I like it a lot.

Sure, the library navigation is generations away from Roon’s Remote.
But the full screen OSD? Yay! I love the nice touches, like the spinning image of the CD when available. It’s very nice when people are there, they can see what’s playing without fishing out a laptop, tablet or phone. Party gimmick? Hell yes!

Can I make a request? I have a 2x20 VFD attached to my Kodi, usinc lcdproc and the Kodi lcdproc addon. The Roon addon is not sending any GUI information that is picked up by lcdproc. I’d love some stuff like Artist - Album - Title scrolling on the first line and a progress bar for the track on the second line.
Is this doable?

(Marcel van der Veldt) #28

I think it will be doable but I’ll have to take a look at the lcdproc addon if it’s possible to send some custom info. By default its watching the Kodi player but as you may understand the Roon player is not utilizing the Kodi player, it’s just a fake OSD.

(Nicolas Will) #29

Oh… Right…
There must be a way, the non Kodi player interface is also sending menu items and such that the lcdproc addon is displaying.
But, heh, not something absolutely needed, I love your work all the same!

(Nicolas Will) #30

Hello,

Just an idea, feature request, maybe…

Could the full screen OSD be turned into a Kodi screensaver?

(Marcel van der Veldt) #31

I don’t know. I’ve never looked into screensaver addons for Kodi but I guess it will be possible.

I am getting this error:

119 silly fetchPackageMetaData error for node-roon-api@github:roonlabs/node-roon-api Error while executing:
119 silly fetchPackageMetaData undefined ls-remote -h -t ssh://git@github.com/roonlabs/node-roon-api.git