Kodi addon for Roon

@Marcel_van_der_Veldt
You are my hero. This is what I was searching for.
Looks and works great so far.
The only issue is that I can’t get your repo working. I can install it but could’t get a connection. So I installed the plugin from the zip file.

Really great work. Thank you.

Great, thanks for testing. Hmmm, weird that my repo is failing. As far as I’m aware it’s in use by 10.000’s of users so it should work. I’ll take a look just to be sure.

The repo is working now.

Hi I don’t suppose there would be an option to get this working within a NAS QNAP based Roon core?

Any box that runs Kodi will run this just fine. For the nodejs extension you can use your core nas/server or any other machine in your network.

Would love this, but the extensio.api.proxy fails to install. Running KODI Liea on XBOX X…

Thanks

Very cool addon. I like it a lot.

Sure, the library navigation is generations away from Roon’s Remote.
But the full screen OSD? Yay! I love the nice touches, like the spinning image of the CD when available. It’s very nice when people are there, they can see what’s playing without fishing out a laptop, tablet or phone. Party gimmick? Hell yes!

Can I make a request? I have a 2x20 VFD attached to my Kodi, usinc lcdproc and the Kodi lcdproc addon. The Roon addon is not sending any GUI information that is picked up by lcdproc. I’d love some stuff like Artist - Album - Title scrolling on the first line and a progress bar for the track on the second line.
Is this doable?

1 Like

I think it will be doable but I’ll have to take a look at the lcdproc addon if it’s possible to send some custom info. By default its watching the Kodi player but as you may understand the Roon player is not utilizing the Kodi player, it’s just a fake OSD.

Oh… Right…
There must be a way, the non Kodi player interface is also sending menu items and such that the lcdproc addon is displaying.
But, heh, not something absolutely needed, I love your work all the same!

Hello,

Just an idea, feature request, maybe…

Could the full screen OSD be turned into a Kodi screensaver?

I don’t know. I’ve never looked into screensaver addons for Kodi but I guess it will be possible.

I am getting this error:

119 silly fetchPackageMetaData error for node-roon-api@github:roonlabs/node-roon-api Error while executing:
119 silly fetchPackageMetaData undefined ls-remote -h -t ssh://git@github.com/roonlabs/node-roon-api.git

I got this working on my raspberry pi 3 with libreelec but I can’t seem to get it to output to the hdmi. Do I need to do something additional? Does this install the roon bridge endpoint or is this just control?

Hi guys,

New to Roon here. I’d love to get this working but the Kodi plugin gives an error (the proxy is listening appropriately on my Core machine).

Just wondering if it’s just me, or did something get broken on Roon 1.6?

Anyone still have this working? If so, can give more details for troubleshooting.

Thanks!

FWIW, this is what I see in the Kodi log:

15:33:37.766 T:3234788096   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'list' object has no attribute 'values'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.roon/plugin.py", line 16, in <module>
                                                PluginContent()
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.roon/resources/lib/plugin_content.py", line 50, in __init__
                                                self.select_zone()
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.roon/resources/lib/plugin_content.py", line 325, in select_zone
                                                all_zones = all_zones["zones"].values()
                                            AttributeError: 'list' object has no attribute 'values'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Still struggling with this, any help will be appreciated!

I’ve realised my problem is that the Roon Core is not seeing the extension and I don’t see it on my settings menu. This is weird because I can see another extension installed in the same way via a docker.

Any ideas or ways I can troubleshoot?

Thanks

Very Kewl! Thanks for this.

GREAT!!! I’ll give it a try!

Hi there,

I’ve downloaded Roon Control for Kodi from the repository, but I am unclear on whether nodeJS needs to be installed on my Roon server, or my kodi box. Can someone clarify?

Many Thanks

1 Like

@Marcel_van_der_Veldt can you help?