Kodi addon for Roon

@MattG, @mirekti to install api proxy on Windows you need to install as mentioned Node.js and also, as NOT mentioned, you need to install git
https://www.git-scm.com/download/win
and in git gui, add epository with api proxy nodeJS module files from Marcel_van_der_Veld
Good luck!

2 Likes

thank you for this!

@Marcel_van_der_Veldt the link for the api proxy isn’t working. Is there a newer set of instructions and/or links?

1 Like

Double that, would really love to hear any implementations in 2020, thanks!

1 Like

@Marcel_van_der_Veldt ,
Is the link for the zip file enought to install Kodi addon for Roon in LibreElec 9.0.2 ?
Or do we absolutly have to install previously the roon extention api proxy
cause the api proxy link is giving me a page not found error …

1 Like

Yes, that’s what I posted above. With the add-on alone it doesn’t find a core

I have found this link

it doesn’t seem to need “the roon extention api proxy”
and gives 2 installation guides
I haven’t tried it already but , I’ll do it and give details here

1 Like

I installed the roon control addon for kodi
plugin.audio.roon-1.0.1.zip
I confirm that even with putting IP adress of my roon server in the settings of the addon
the addon coulnd not open it
I just have a blank windows for the Misic Mediatheque source
Sorry

1 Like

I would like to have this addon working, unfortunately, as mentioned before, api proxy nodeJS module not available in the link. Can somebody share the files?
Thank you!

May be the Dietpi installation in the Raspberry Pi in place of Kodi installation is the solution to have a Roon endpoint AND a Roon remote …

I want to build one kodi HTPC as simultaneos roon endpoint (plus control with 7" screen).
Do I understand correctly that the plugin of this thread is only roon remote, no audio out (roon bridge)?

I don’t want to have two devices, since that would require an audio switching device instead direct connection to active speakers.