Kodi and roon bridge running together?

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Ubuntu 20.4 LTS/Intel NUC 8i3BEH 8G RAM/Roon 1.7b610

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Wired 1Gb network

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

TEAC NT-505 DAC/Streamer

Description Of Issue

I am normally streaming the music from the core Roon server directly to the TEAC NT-505, which is a Roon certified device. There is a different NUC attached via usb directly to TEAC, where I am running kodi software. Streaming from Roon core to TEAC normally works fine, but there is a small use case scenario where it does not work – namely high res DSD files (you can only stream DSD64/128 to TEAC). I was wondering if it would be possible to install Roon bridge software on the NUC attached via usb and use that topology in that particular case? I am worried that both kodi and Roon bridge might require exclusive access to the audio. My kodi has been setup in a way to directly access alsa driver and pulseaudio has been completely disabled on the system.

Thanks for checking!
– Stanislav

Hello @Stanislav_Markovic, I took a look at that device and it should support DSD512 with the right drivers. If you have a windows machine you should install RoonBridge with ASIO drivers to accomplish this. Otherwise, this would be a limitation of Linux.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.