Last.fm scrobbling with various artists does not work

Description of Issue

Playing a song from a album which contains mainly songs from single artist but also various artist scrobbles only as main artist. → “Performed by” does not go to last.fm site.
Tested with local files and multiple albums. Purely various artist releases works fine.
Foobar2000/Jriver/Winamp works fine but not Roon.

Hi @bexi,

Thank you for posting on Community, and we’re sorry to hear you’ve been having this issue these last few weeks.

From your screenshot, it appears this is affecting local files. Is that exclusively the case? Are you able to send an example of an offending track from the affected album to our QA team? Here’s an uploader you can use: https://workdrive.zohoexternal.com/collection/nqcgjac23027d90a441bda2c314de49d7958a/external

Another option is to share a screenshot of the “Credits” view for an example track above, and to provide a rough timestamp for when this last occurred. We’ll investigate logs to see whether scrobbling is behaving erroneously and what we can do to resolve this problem.

Thank you!

1 Like

I do not have Qobuz/Tidal account at the moment so local files.
Uploaded some screenshots and example tracks.

This problem has been at least since version 1.6.

Now tested with Qobuz.
The problem appears to be the same.

lastfmroonerror6

Hi @bexi,

Thank you for your patience. I’ve passed your inquiry on to the Roon product team to confirm whether this is a bug or the current iteration of scrobbling.

Roon has the ability to scrobble track-level artist or performer fields with “pure” various artist albums (like holiday compilations, for instance), so there’s no reason why a various artists album with a Primary artist should scrobble less precisely. The team is going to investigate whether we can implement quick improvements here. I’ll follow up when we have a more precise sense of what we can improve, and how quickly.

Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.