Latency among different Airplay speakers

Thank you,@John!

I tried different configurations here using DSP, but no change happened at all. Then I examined the sound path using the Airplay group and there is no indication of any DSP taking effect.

So I ungrouped the speakers and applied DSP. Now I could see the difference. The sound path indicates all DSP working, which I could not see when using my speakers as a group zone.

My conclusion is that, as far as I can get it, DSP for Airplay is not working in group zones. This is why I could not use Procedural EQ and thereby Delays…

Is it supposed to be so or am I doing something wrong? It just seems that DSP is not yet functional for Airplay speakers in group mode.

If I’m wrong, how could I solve this issue?

Thank you again!

PS.: Using the workaround with Airfoil, the speakers work perfectly in sync. There is something happening in Roon. Airfoil is not an ideal solution, though…

Hello
I agree @Juliano_Benvindo
I have same results, two airplay devices with two DSP after group zones not work

My idea is:
I have two Devialet reactor and i want group zones with DSP for stereo. One reactor have DSP Speakers setup with gain -100 for L and second for R. Independent Airplay reactor working for L or R but afrer connect to group zones, not.
Devialet promised solving stereo reactor to summer but i prefer using Roon.

9 posts were split to a new topic: Airplay group loses sync Sonos and Sony AVR

Different makes and models will have different latency and its nigh on impossible to account for this in Roon.

A post was split to a new topic: Audio Pro C10 Airplay Sync

Understood but how a simple iPhone can well manage these different latency modes ie when folks above grouped different speakers with their airplay in iOS it worked fine although grouping the same devices with airplay in Roon results very often in some latency in one or two speakers?

I have the same problem by the way: when I group different speakers in airplay using Roon, they can start perfectly in sync but sync is lost after few songs

Hey @skbe,

I am so sorry we never got a chance to help - we’ve missed your post for too long :pleading_face:

Is this still happening? If so, could you please create a new thread in the #support category? This way, our technician can focus their attention on your specific case :pray:

Hi Rebeka. Thank you for your response
I will do that
Best
By any chance, can you please update some support requests I asked for especially this one - because it is not being updated at all?