Imac Retina (2015) Processor: 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8 GO 1867 MHz DDR3 boot up drive 500 Go 4Go external hard disk for Audio storage
Connection to an N-01P -S/-K audio streamer using AirPlay, however, a wired network connection exists (RJ 45) between the Mac and the streamer.
The music is time to time interrupted by a very short delay (latency) when using Roon. When I revert to Itunes instead of Roon the issue disappears.
So we can better assist you, please verify the following:
- Is this delay just at the start playback? How long does it take to start a track?
- Is this happening with all content (local/TIDAL/Qobuz) or just certain types of content? If local, is it certain file types that seem to cause this?
- Does this happen for all endpoints? If you play to System Output of the Mac does that have the same delay?
Thanks for your time
- the delay is erratic and can happen anytime in the playback not necessary at the start
- the delay is annoying when it occurs with music I downloaded on my hard drive. The problem is specific to ROON. There is no delay with I-tunes.I prefer to listen to local files (ALAC format) to avoid slow internet issue.
- It seems the delay is not occurring with System Output set to the Mac. At least not after 15 min but the test may need more time as the issue is erratic and happening suddenly.
Thanks for you support.
Thank you for providing that additional information. Please do keep using System Output for a longer period of time and let us know if the behavior occurs there as well, as this would be a good data point.
Does your Core have an SSD installed for the Roon Database?
Just to confirm, the N-01P is connected directly to the Core? There is no switch facilitating the connection between Core and DAC? What is your network setup like, can you let me know the model/manufacturer of all your networking gear?
The NP-01 and the mac (Core) connected to a TP-LINK (10/100Mbps Unmanaged switch) with RJ45 cables, as all the elements of my Local Area Network.
The NP-01 is then connected to the Amplifier (Vincent 226MK)
Thank you for confirming the network setup.
We have also recently released a new Roon update, can you please upgrade and let me know if the behavior is still the same on the new version?
Does this behavior occur at the beginning, middle or end of the track (or it occurs randomly)?
Yes, my Core has an SSD for the Roon database where I store my iTunes library.
The latest version of Roon (ver. 1.7)is installed on the Mac.
The behavior occurs randomly (anytime in the track).
I have just changed a setting in Roon: inactivated the Music Folder and keep thisMacC/Maxtor/Music /ITunes (the Roon database).
Well no changes there is still random micro pause in the tracks
Can you please note the exact local time + date this behavior next occurs and which track you were playing that you noticed had this behavior? I would like to enable diagnostics for your account and check for any additional clues.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.