Latest Roon 1.8 scrolling in ipadOs roon app crashes

Roon Core Machine

I habe the latest Windows 10 and ipadOs Roon 1.8 versions, updated as per cuurent status of 21.12.2021. When I am scrolling my Albums list from the top, after 2-3 scroling events the screen freezes and the ipadOs roon app crashes

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Hey @Adrian_Ciornei, we released an update that might help with this – is this still happening in Build 884?

I have the latest updates and the problem is still happening, however, I was able to isolate it in the sense that the connection gets interrupted/the ios Client crashes ONLY WHEN THE SORTING CRITERIA for the ALBUMS View is “by import date”. All other sorting criteria behave well.
Hope this helps,
Best regards,
Adrian

Hello @Adrian_Ciornei ,

Can you please open your iOS Settings → Roon App and turn on Save logs to Files on next startup? Then, can you please reproduce the issue, note the time + date of the crash, and upload the file here for review?

https://workdrive.zohoexternal.com/collection/8i5239cc05950ac07456889838d9319545a82/external

Let us know if you have any issues generating the log, thanks!

Hello Noris,
many thanks for your support, I uploaded the file. Scrolling went went well at the beginning but eventually stopped, message is “CONNECTION INTERRUPTED” (in the sense of teh german translation) , whichmeans the Roon App needs some time to recover and reconnect, but then of course it behaves the same for the same scrolling action.
All the best for 2022,
Adrian

1 Like

Hi @Adrian_Ciornei ,

Thanks for sending those logs over, I’ve forwarded them over to the QA team for closer review!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.