Latest Update problem and other

Hi,

since the last update my Roon loses the TIDAL connection when starting Roon app. I always have to reconnect manually the Tidal connection in Roon. This is nasty :frowning:

Starting Roon takes a very long time on my laptop, mimimum 5 Minutes every time. I assume something might be wrongā€¦
Updating the Library by Roon on my system always takes another 5 minutes at minimum (more than 100K mp3 files on the system) every time.
So in total it takes mimimum 10 minutes to get started with Roon every time. Is there a possibilty to stop the library check every time when starting Roon because for these files it is not necessary.

Thank you for your support in advance.
Kind regards
Thomas

Hi @Thomas_Riech,

Thanks for reaching out! Our team is investigating this issue which is resulting in some Roon users needing to sign into TIDAL each time Roon is launched. We are hoping to improve this soon, and weā€™ll be sure to keep you updated!

Hi Dylan,
thx for your update.
May I ask for an answer regarding the other two issues mentioned in my support request?
Thank you in advance for your reply.
Kind regards

Hi @Thomas_Riech,

This depends on the specs of the Core machine and the size of the library. Is your Core machine using an SSD where Roon is installed? How large is your library? How much RAM does your machine have? What is the CPU?

H Dylan
the specs of my system are:
Lenovo ideapad S510p
IntelĀ® Coreā„¢ i3-4010U CPU @1.70Ghz 1.70Ghz
RAM 8 MB
64bit System
1TB SSHD
Size of Libray 513GB
111.572 files, 9920 folders

Thanks for your ongoing support.
Kind regrads
Thomas

Hi @Thomas_Riech,

Does this slowness occur each time you launch Roon? Or just after a reboot of the Core machine?

What does your CPU and memory usage look like during this time?

Hi Dylan,

you put me on the right track. My performance problem is solved now. HDD was used permantly 100% from some programms and processes in the background. I deactived them now, mainly Kaspersky antivrus programmā€¦
Now everything is fine :slight_smile:

Hopefully the TIDAL connection problem will be solved asap.
Kind regards
Thomas

1 Like

Hello @Thomas_Riech,

I wanted to reach out and let you know that we released Roon 1.7 Build 571, which includes some improvements that we believe should help here. Please give the update a try and let us know if it helps!

You can read the full release notes here:

Thanks,
Roon Support

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.