Latest update ruined my library

I updated Roon to the latest 2.0.15 the other day and found my library disorganised. I used to customise artist names manually using the edit function in Roon in order to sort albums in alphabetical order. Both Roon and file metadata appear inadequate for that purpose. For example, I used to put all Herbert von Karajan albums in one place. Now update removed all my edits and the albums are everywhere depending on which name comes first, the conductor, the soloist, or the orchestra. My question is, is it possible to keep my customisation intact unaffected by update? It is painful to go through the whole of my rather sizeable library to fix all the irregularities every now and then.

Do you edit in roon or edit the files themselves using an external program?

As I said in the message, I edited in Roon.

Apologies I misread that as a sort change not editing.

I realise it doesn’t help the current issue but editing the file with an external tool then telling roon to prefer file metadata is a better long term method.

There are other reports of odd sorting after the last update so this may be related.

In future if you have an issue like this post in the support area which is where Roon support members look.

I will move this post there.

Possibly related:

exactly my case.

I suggest you hold tight, and don’t make any changes until the investigation is completed. All your edits etc. are almost certainly still in your database, and the issue is presentation.

Okay, thank you for your advice.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.