Latest version of Roon sounds tipped up in the high frequencies

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

TEXT GOES HERE

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

TEXT GOES HERE

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

TEXT GOES HERE

Description Of Issue

TEXT GOES HERE
I just downloaded the latest version of Roon. It seems very tipped up in the high frequencies. So much so that I’m having trouble listening to it. I’m listening through Tidal. Has anyone had this issue? Thanks.

Not me.

I would advice to check whether the DSP settings of your Output are different on the test of the latest version than the ones you use regularly.

Themis…I found the problem. Had a mechanical problem with an amplifier at the exact time I updated Roon. Stranger things have happened. Thanks.

3 Likes

enlighten us all please…

Knocked the treble control?

Mike…I have a tubed preamp with two on switches. Flip the first switch to slowly warm the tubes. Flip the second for full power. Somehow I failed to flip the first switch! It sounded like I had a weird power situation. I thought I was losing my hearing!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.