Let's build a playlist: Road Trip Tunes

The Shins - So Says I

One of the great ones, “Green Onions” Booker T and the MG’s

Runnin’ Down A Dream by Tom Petty off Full Moon Fever album.

2 Likes

I once got a speeding ticket when getting over enthusiastic on Beethoven’s 5th does that count ?

3 Likes

Dire Straits - Telegraph Road

2 Likes

3 Likes

Since ‘Radar Love’ has been spoken for, I’m going to the dark side -

3 Likes

1 Like

Are we listing songs about the road or songs which sound good while driving down the road. Two very different things, imho. One classic song about life on the road (its not really a lead foot inducing song) is Bob Seger’s “Turn the Page” live version from Live Bullet.

On the other hand, some songs which make me want to floor the accelerator are, “Highway to Hell”, “Holiday Road”, “I Can’t Drive 55”, and “No Sleep til Brooklyn”.

1 Like

Alanis Morrisette - Hand in my pocket

2 Likes

Plastikman - consume from album Consumed. Great driving tune

India

Errrr Country Roads, John Denver? (someone had to)

So a road trip, for me, has to have a singalong quality, not too much dynamic range to keep the hand in the wheel. Some great memories from tapes initially then iPod playlists on many a holiday where the tunes were an essential part of keeping family harmony on long trips.

Okay if it only can be one I’m going for “Rosalie” Thin Lizzy, the album version from Fighting.

http://open.qobuz.com/album/0073145322962?track=4319333

If I can be so bold as to choose a second “don’t go back to Rockville” - REM.

Another favourite was always Queen’s Don’t stop me now.

.sjb

3 Likes

Nice choice, reminds me a lot of Trentemøller - Chameleon!

Thanks Mikael just had a listen to Trentemoller. Not heard it before and I love it!
India

1 Like

Great suggestions, everyone! Playlists have been made:

TIDAL

Qobuz

4 Likes

thanks for your effort.

This topic was automatically closed after 2 days. New replies are no longer allowed.