Let's talk about what's Moving and Grooving you today [2023-07]

Ripping Friday’s charity shop purchases. I got a bonus Ellie Goulding disk under a Bastille CD.
I thought I had the Bastille already but ARC wasn’t playing nice with a crap signal I couldn’t check. But the bonus makes up for it :slight_smile:
And the charity shop gets it back to sell again…

1 Like

Seems we both got a bonus disc with out charity shop purchases this week.

1 Like

Playing good old Suzi

PNG image

7 Likes

Suzi was of great interest to my 14 year old self. Didn’t realise she sang as well! :slight_smile:

1 Like

All new order factory vinyl sound amazing this one is especially good.

4 Likes

Hard to believe. But if I remember correctly, she was acting in a movie that time which also impressed me.

She was in the sitcom Happy Days in the late seventies. By that time Debbie Harry was providing interest :slight_smile:

Here’s mine

Missing are 2 small 5 port flex minis. Which will be deployed when the extension is completed :roll_eyes:

Also missing are several devices; NAS & other speakers.

Once (when I can be bothered) things are sorted I’ll separate my Roon Core, UniFi controller and storage. 1 machine = total loss upon failure.

1 Like

One of my charity purchases

4 Likes

Can’t beat a bit of the ol’ Jay Kay.

I’ve been a fan for years, since they formed.

6 Likes

RoonShareImage-638263117365941525

2 Likes

I have that on vi…:wink:

2 Likes

I’ve got Tommy, the band version but not this on vinyl.

Also missing is the tumble drier :rofl:

Do you have this on vinyl? :wink::rofl:

2 Likes

I ripped two of three charity shop CDs yesterday, but however much I try, I can’t rip A New Day At Midnight by David Gray. AFAICT, it’s got some kind of copy protection, with an extra track on the outside.

Maybe I should take it back for a refund. :laughing:

1 Like

You sowed a seed.

4 Likes

How old is this CD then? That must be from the 2000s.

The only CD I never could rip was from Sarah Connor, Green Eyed Soul, from 2001.

It’s from 2002. I tried the permanent marker trick, but that didn’t work, and CD Paranoia failed to rip a single track in 24 hours.

I’ve a handful of French releases with copy protection, but I managed to rip them using dBPoweramp.

However, since running Linux I’ve stopped using this. As I have a licence, I may try it using Wine. I’ve probably got a few hundred or so disks I haven’t ripped, so it’s probably worth the effort.