Let's talk about what's Moving and Grooving you today [2023-07]

Yeah I have had two so far one disc the other day with a Richard Hawley CD from World of Books and a a Blue Nile album from charity shop. They seem to show as CDRW and won’t rip in anything. I also ended up with one that was too badly damaged it didn’t look that bad but it only gets half way and won’t rip anymore and gets stuck. Luck of the draw.

1 Like

Firstly, I read this as you ripped off 2 charity shops yesterday. Tight git! :rofl:

Secondly, In my full geek days there was nothing I couldn’t rip/copy with DRM. I still have a stack of DVDs in the loft of…backups :shushing_face::wink:

2 Likes

I tried across 4 operating systems, Mac, windows
Linux nothing. They are odd and don’t present as a regular cd at all. If you have any ideas as to how to rip them it would be appreciated.

Try using Brasso—it hasn’t failed me yet for recovering badly scratched CDs.

But yes, it’s not worth worrying about too much. It’s more about being defeated.

1 Like

I managed to play this—or after She Chameleon finished—before Mrs W returned home.

6 Likes

RoonShareImage-638263354539791930

4 Likes

metal-corner is closed, something new:

5 Likes

not so bad sound, the other one i found

4 Likes

Think I have three different versions including the original soundtrack as well .

PNG image

Just came back to find I am now regular.
And happy birthday to your old man @Michael_Harris
Thought I better play a 60’s album in his honour . :grinning:

6 Likes

Congratulations to regular. That means you spend too much time of your valuable life in this forum. :rofl: :innocent:

2 Likes

And once again Billy Joel.

I love this live recording.

RoonShareImage-638263365440295370

6 Likes

For this you get :heart: :heart:

The only stat I am short is on reading threads other than this one. The rest were over by miles.

1 Like

I think, me too… :innocent:

Congratulations @RodS on your very delayed promotion (which is nuts). Some of us had words with the higher ups and explained that you were not as bad as your image might portray and you are actually a positive influence on vinyl sales to this thread… And they still promoted you :rofl:

Took some liberty with the music offered to my dad. He never liked The Stones or These bad boys, so I liberally sprayed them into the queue for him. I think that it might be a bit late for him to find new bands to enjoy after all this time.

4 Likes

Carl sent my stats so I could see, one of them needed 500 and mine was 162,000 + lol

What happened, I was expecting to need to read through 300 messages, but apparently you all stopped for lunch :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

With Peters image on the thread an extra 6 on the end would have been priceless :grin:

It was definitely strange, I think you were being made an example of :flushed:

All hail Yhe Mods, they are a good bunch, but even they don’t have GOD MODE (or do they :thinking:)

We need about 500 posts now, we will manage that as long as we don’t let anyone post 3 together and needing someone else to post one so they can continue.