Let's Talk about what's Moving and Grooving you today! [2024-01]

4 Likes

I bloody hate computers!
Happily ripping CDs and program locked up.
No problem, reboot.
Then all network sharing ceased.
Even Powershell commands would not restore.
Eventually found information to try Advanced Cmd prompt with a DISM command…
Several reboots restored order…for now.
Waste of 90 minutes of my life…

2 Likes

I hate that too. A couple of weeks ago my wifi went haywire for no known reason. I wasted a good hour resetting everything.

1 Like

Just time to sneak in a bit of Annie Clark before bed.

RoonShareImage-638336099466977200

5 Likes

All this talk of Enya…

6 Likes

Cannot wait for their new album “It Leads To This” in the coming months. These are the two teasers and are really good!

However, not sure I like the fact many artists are releasing multiple singles ahead of album release. By the time the album is released there’s 3,4,5 singles released :-1:. I prefer to listen to new release albums straight through previously unheard:man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Agreed on the teaser singles… I try to not listen to them but yes temptation calls…

1 Like

I’m not sure about this one. :thinking: They appear to be billed as the latest and greatest in the resurgent shoegaze genre. Pitchfork rated this album as best new release at the time.

Hotline TNT
Cartwheel (2023)

Hotline

I have all 3 box sets. They opened my eyes to how bad DG multi-mic recordings of the 70s and 80s were. What a revelation.

1 Like

4 Likes

5 Likes

Ripped this CD to my local library yesterday. Weird though, dbPoweramp identified it as a completely different album by a different artist, so all the metadata was incorrect. I deleted all the metadata in dbPoweramp and proceded to rip it. Also strange it identified every track as accurate per AccurateRip. I might understand the error if this was an obscure artist/album, but this album is very mainstream.

Anyone come across this before? This is the first time I had this happen (over the years I ripped many hundreds a CDs using dbPoweramp).

IMG_1967

6 Likes

I have had this issue only once I think using dBPoweramp. The CD was completely misidentified but was accurately ripped. I don’t recall the CD.

1 Like

This is why we have physical media to play :grin:

Couldn’t of said that this time last year :wink:

Glad you got it sorted. Cause?

2 Likes

Stuck in heavy traffic on the M6 this morning :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

I have never known a time between stoke and Birmingham that isn’t gridlocked somewhere. Only time it was vaguely pleasurable was when I was on my motorbike and could keep going between the cars.

2 Likes

Do you have a set of scales in your van to weigh this heavy traffic?
Still got no :heartbeat:

2 Likes

You seem to be almost at the end of your time out and should get a pretty much full days worth after that AKA 10 minutes of :heart:

4 Likes

I do, but not big enough :face_with_peeking_eye:

It’s even more sh1tte with the smart motorway that seems to keep the hard shoulder shut down to J10.

I prefer driving at night in fairness.

Normally a 6am start for me sees me clear of the traffic. Not anymore. It seems worse since pre-covid.