LG WK7 ThinQ (Chromecast) Volume Control

Hi - when I select Device Volume for this Roon is telling me volume control is not available - yet Google Home, Spotify and Tidal apps all allow volume control. Is this something you can take a look at? I know it’s not a Google product - but as all these other apps have working volume controls, I would guess (as a layman) that Roon should be able to control this just as it can my Google Home Mini. @support

1 Like

Hello @Malcolm_Percival,

Thanks for contacting support regarding this finding, I have forwarded your question to our QA team who will take a look over this request.

I will be sure to let you know once this question has reached their queue and I have some feedback for you here, I appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Thanks,
Noris

1 Like

+1 - I’m having the same issue with the LG-WK7. It would be nice to control volume from within Roon but it just says ‘volume control not available’ whether it’s set to Fixed or Device.

1 Like

I’d love to be able to control volume here - but I thought it was just a “thing” about this speaker until I got the Google Home Mini (not really a great speaker, but good for Radio 4 on a morning) and realised (a) that Roon controls volume on the Google Home Mini and that (b) Spotify and others control the speaker volume when casting to the LG (just as they do with the Google Home Mini).

Happy to volunteer to test this functionality.

Hi @noris @support Any update on this issue? Would be lovely to control volume from my iPad (and not have to talk to the speaker at 2am to adjust the volume). Thanks.

1 Like

Hey @Malcolm_Percival – unfortunately we are still working on getting our hands on one of these devices.

Until that happens, I suspect we will not be able to make a lot of progress, but we’re not giving up yet! We’ll let you know when we make some progress.

Thanks for your patience here!

2 Likes

@mike I’d look forward to hearing from you about this - I have the same unit.

Hello All,

We have just released Roon v1.6 build 401 which addresses this issue:

Roon 1.6 (Build 401) Is Live! Software Release Notes

Hi everyone! A new maintenance release is now rolling out for all platforms, with bug fixes, performance improvements, and updated designs for some of the UI changes in Roon 1.6. Today’s release includes a number of refinements for the footer and the Now Playing screen. We’ve heard a lot of great feedback on the changes in Roon 1.6, and we think the changes made over the last few weeks are big improvement. We hope you agree and we’re looking forward to hearing from everyone! We’ve added the m…

Please give the update a try and let us know how it goes!

Thanks,
Noris

2 Likes

Thanks @noris - all seems to be working perfectly. Volume responds instantly and smoothly to a finger slide on the iPad app. Impressed. :+1:t3::blush:

2 Likes

Glad to hear that @Malcolm_Percival!
Thanks again for bringing this to our attention and hope you have an enjoyable Roon experience :headphones:!

– Noris

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.