A new maintenance release is now rolling out for all platforms, with bug fixes, performance improvements, and updated designs for some of the UI changes in Roon 1.6.
Today’s release includes a number of refinements for the footer and the Now Playing screen. We’ve heard a lot of great feedback on the changes in Roon 1.6, and we think the changes made over the last few weeks are big improvement. We hope you agree and we’re looking forward to hearing from everyone!
We’ve added the much-requested “Album Art Mode”, and we’ve implemented a new design for cases where we have lyrics, but don’t have the sync data required for auto-scrolling Real-time Lyrics.
We’ve also improved the cropping and scaling of artist images in many, many cases, in part by fixing a few bugs, and in part by adjusting the design to accommodate a wider variety of images. We will be working on a number of improvements to ensure the imagery Roon is delivering to your library is the best it can possibly be going forward. We’ve also improved the performance of the screen to ensure smoother loading of content.
A number of other improvements and fixes are included in Build 401. Work has been done on the search results screen, parametric EQ, the Artist and Album screen, and more. We’ve also made sure the “Radio feedback” popup dismisses after thirty seconds, and fixed issues related to Airplay grouping and KEF playback.
A longstanding issue related to Android phones from Samsung, LG, and others has also been resolved, ensuring Roon properly displays the keyboard even with “Full Screen Mode” enabled.
Finally, we’ve made the decision to remove Qobuz “purchases” from Roon for now. Purchased content can still be “favorited” on Qobuz and synced to your library, and purchases can always be downloaded and imported into your library. Syncing purchased content to your Roon library has been confusing and frustrating for a number of users, so for now support for syncing and streaming of Qobuz purchases has been disabled.
Build 401 is rolling out now! Thanks everyone!
The Team At Roon Labs
Roon 1.6 (Build 401) Release Notes
Roon Build 401 is now rolling out for macOS, Windows, Windows (64 Bit), and Linux. Updated versions of Roon for Android and iOS have been submitted to their respective App Stores and will be available soon. There is no update for Roon Bridge at this time.
All platforms and apps should update automatically.
Changes for Build 401:
Updated Footer design
Radio feedback popup times out after 30 seconds
- Updated design, with “Album Art Mode”
- Updated Defaults (everyone starts fresh)
- Smoother transitions and reduced flicker
- Some photo scaling/cropping improved
- Fixed inconsistent cropping of artist photos
- Fix crash when clicking cover of unavailable album
- Fixed dead touch areas along the sides of text-based screens
- Mode selection is preserved when opening and closing Now Playing
- Scroll position resets properly when content changes
- Added ability to “loop” back to default mode
- Better treatment for Internet radio
- Up/Down keys scroll, don’t move through pages
- Fixed some lyrics display issues when switching between tracks
- Fixed performance issues that can cause Core slowness
- Allow for more precision when entering values
- Fit more of the UI on small screens
- Fixed UI issue when values smaller than -24db are migrated from older versions of Roon
- Smaller “hit areas” on sliders
- DSP sliders support dragging only – no click-to-jump to prevent accidental inputs
- Keyboard is no longer dismissed when using “full screen mode” on devices from Samsung, LG, and others
- Properly brings up keyboard when search is launched from artist/album details
- Restored missing Edit/Merge buttons for library content
- New treatment for artist search results
- Fixed duplicate results in some cases
- Fixed duplicated tracks in “View All”
- Explicit sign is placed properly in Top Result
- Better “Top Result” layout
- Fixed spacing issues on Album section
- Focus shortcut toggles properly
- Shortcut that opens now playing added to list of shortcuts
- Keyboard shortcuts work properly when Qobuz is enabled
- Fixed crash when clicking on country in credits
- Fixed crash when pressing on product Code on Credits tab
- “Currently Viewing this Album” shown for non-library albums
- Fixed display bug that caused multipart compositions with 0 length
- “Purchases” are no longer supported
- Radio understands when account has no streaming rights
- Fixed missing “Clear Queue” button
- Fixed overlapping logos on Versions tab
- Fixed cut off album text on Artist details page
- “Allow more covers” option fixed when using Focus feature
- Fixed inconsistencies related to scaling/cropping of images between Performer and Composer pages
- Fixed some inconsistent cropping and scaling of artist photos
- Fixed crash when displaying a string with ""from a radio stream
- Volume control fixes for LG WK7 and other Chromecast devices that report “unknown” volume control type
- Fixed Tag details when “Allow more covers” option is turned off
- Displays: waveform design updated
- KEF: Additional stability fixes when seeking through a track
- Fixed images on Tag Details screen
- Fixed zone API crash when grouped playback loses a zone and Display is active
- Fixed issues when playing to grouped Airplay 2 devices after convenience switching
- Fixed crash when opening extension’s website under some conditions