Roon Core Machine

iMac 2017, 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7, 40G memory

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Ethernet 2G

Connected Audio Devices

None

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

So many entries in the library are referring to non-existing files. (Seems like it is caused by Roon not awaring files moved from a drive to another drive.)

As an example, see the screenshots. The first screenshot shows the problem. (See the broken description “> >”)
The second screenshot is OK.

See if this helps.
Take a look in “Settings/Library” and click on “Clean up Library”:

Check the boxes to clean it up.

You might also want to do a “clear image cache”, too.
it’s in “Settings/setup”

1 Like

Thank you for your suggestion!
I already cleaned up the library, and the situation didn’t get better.

I didn’t try clearing the image cache!
I tried it. Seems like there is no change. But, I really appreciate your inputs!

Hey @Kroon,

Following up here, can you please update your core to the latest build 1234 and let me know if your issue persists?

Thanks!

@benjamin
Thank you so much for your attention.

I updated to the latest version, but it doesn’t change the situation.

Hey @Kroon,

Thanks for the update.

It sounds like you’ve recently moved your files to a new location? If so, have you properly added this new location as a watched folder in your Roon settings? With that, did you remove the previous watched folder location? You mention you already cleaned up your library, which should update any old storage paths that no longer hold any media.

Can you explain the difference between your storage locations ‘MusicData’ and ‘MusicData2’? To confirm, you do not have your backup storage location located in the same folder as your local library?

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.