Library Scan is stuck [Solved - Removed NAS from Stroage and re-added it]

Good morning,
I know this has been discussed before but I could not find a solution.
I have Roon Core running on a Mac Mini 2012
Library is stored on a Synology 916+
Connection is via Ethernet cable

I have the periodic library scan stuck since few days. I tried to restart both the Core and the NAS but this is not fixing the issue…
Can you please help me ?
Thanks
Ale

image.jpg

Hello @alessandro_niola,

Thanks for contacting support and for providing a description of your setup here. Can you please confirm for me if the number under “Tracks Imported” and “Files Scanned” changes at all? Do they both seem to be stuck at the same number or are either of them changing as Analysis progresses?

Are you using a static IP address for the NAS or is it on DHCP? If you are using static IP then you may also want to try replacing the address from \Diskstation\Music to \IP_ADDRESS_OF_NAS\Music to see if this issue is solved by that change. Please let me know your reply when possible.

Thanks,
Noris

Hi Noris
The numbers are not changing.
I also tried to use the IP address but I cannot set that as a music folder due to an “unexpected error”
Thanks
Ale

Hello,

I realize that this is no help, but I am having the very same problem. Also, my library address is \IP_ADDRESS_OF_NAS\Music; so that change will likely not help.

I started my own support thread so as not to confuse yours. Best of luck!

Ron

Hi @ronfint
I just fixed this by going to Roon Settings >Storage
I removed completely the NAS from the options and then re-added it.
I also set up the Library Scan to be performed only at start-up

Once done, Roon made his first scan, wihch takes a while, and all went good.
Now I do not have the spinning wheel any longer

I hope this helps
Ale

1 Like

Hello, Ale, and thanks. I’ll try this. I actually already had roon set to scan only on startup. Yesterday morning it started scanning in spite of that.

Ron

Hello @alessandro_niola,

Glad to hear that you managed to solve this issue by disabling and re-enabling the Storage location!

I will be marking this thread as [Solved] but if you have any other questions don’t hesitate to ask!

@ronfint - I noticed that Dylan is helping you resolve this issue in a separate thread, if you have any other issues just let Dylan know and he will be happy to assist.

Thanks,
Noris

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.