Lifetime Sub Meet and Greet

Hello there, from UK, lifer, and general devs-botherer :smiley:

1 Like

Became a lifetime member quickly several weeks ago. Worried I might have been too impulsive. But my experience of using Roon over that past several weeks has made me very happy with my decision.
Love their depth of meta data and pulling items from my library and presenting them in new an novel ways.
One of the things about digital music has captured me has been shuffle. Roon takes it to a new level.

Oh I am in Long Beach, CA

Great to see more lifers. Welcome to the pen !

Here near Balt/DC.

The 1.1 update was the trigger for me, not so much because of what it contained (and there was a lot!) but more-so because Roon delivered reasonably on time what they said they were going to. Thatā€™s refreshing from a software company. My search for a source is dependant on being Roon capable now, that in itself is my endorsement to this product.

The RoonSpeakers release is going to be very interesting.

I signed up on launch. Always wanted a sooloos but couldnā€™t justify the cost. Very happy so far as it does what I wanted

1. Allows me to browse and discover in the one place rather than going out to Allmusic
  2. Is a much simpler paradigm than jRiver
  3. sounds fine
  4. makes Tidal a useable proposition

Two downsides:

1. A quick listen tends to turn into a musical journey as I click on session contributors on the track I am listening to and then follow the music breadcrumbs to far reachesā€¦ a couple of hours later I get back to the second track I intended to listen to. (so not much of a downside really :slight_smile: )
  2. My metadata needs a good scrubbing, especially on compilation albums which are a mess. Some re-ripping or tagging needed.

Iā€™ve been waiting to see what Roon Speakers brings and what other MANUFACTURERS incorporate Roon. Saw an article somewhere about a new Sonore product which acts as an end point for several servers including Roon.

Might as well sign in here. Iā€™ve been a lifer since very early on.

I, too, am really looking forward to RoonSpeakers and the Sonore ĀµRendu, which Iā€™m seriously considering using as either a Roon endpoint or an HQPlayer NAA, depending on how the whole Roon/HQP thing shakes out. I also think (or maybe thatā€™s hope) weā€™ll see some other interesting products once the RoonSpeakers SDK gets seeded to interested manufacturers.

(Iā€™m also looking forward to getting a new iPad ā€” maybe some new ones will be announced today ā€” so I can run the Roon iOS app.)

I recently signed up for life as my trial neared its end.

The product isnā€™t quite where I want it to be just yet - Iā€™m really looking forward to integration with HQPlayer for DSD upasampling. But what it already offers, along with the responsiveness of the development team was enough to convince me to sign up. Iā€™ve already discovered some great music in my large collection and Iā€™ve barely had time to experiment with that yet. And I still have yet to try Tidal.

Once I tried it, it was too cool to go back to not having it!

1 Like

Hi. I bought in at the beginning and have not looked back since. I gave up on Sooloos as the Tidal integration was clunky and my MC200 was getting temperamental. Now I have RoonServer/Mac Mini + iPad Air 2 through HiFace S/PDIF. Itā€™s not quite sounding as good as the MC200 - but a MS200 will fix that, and then some, when I can get a round tuit.

The amount of music I have discovered in the last few months is great and itā€™s fun to go back to reading reviews and suggestions whilst listening; really immersing yourself in the music rather than just having something on in the background.

If you havenā€™t done so, take up the offer to have Roon pre-fill some suggestions from Tidal. You can always delete them if you donā€™t like or already have them.

Enjoy,
Ian

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Lifer here as well. Currently working on the West Coast of Malaysia but live in Brisbane.

Sentenced to Lifetime as wellā€¦ :wink:
Running on Roon/Mac server - MS200 - T+A PA - PMC speakers.

Cheers
Andreas

Another lifer here.

Absolutely love Roon, but more than that, I really like the team, their enthusiasm, and their attitude - its like a model of what a company should be like. Theyā€™ve been pretty brave to be so open, and I think its really paying off for them.

The few minor things I didnā€™t really like about Roon Iā€™ve pretty much worked around, or am hopeful that theyā€™ll address in due course. Iā€™m glad everyone is about to get the HQ player they so wanted, but my system will be complete when RoonSpeakers comes out, and also when I can do Room Correction internally within Roon via AU/VST plugins.

Lifetime since mid-October (about a day and a half into the trial). Iā€™ve got about 500 ripped lossless FLAC and hi res files, supplemented by about 300 Tidal albums while I rebuild the rest of a collection thatā€™s in lossy. I love the integration and exploration.

Even my wife (who hated ā€˜losingā€™ cd casesā€¦canā€™t flip through, too much digital choice creates paralysis and thus avoidance) really likes the interface, itā€™s tactile orientation, and rediscovering her ā€˜oldā€™ music!

Great software, great customer service.

QSNAP Nas to Roon on headless Mac Mini, directly connected to integrated amp/dac and stereo speakers, controlled through an iPad Mini. A great setup.

Iā€™m another lifer on the left-coast.

I love the Roon browsing/discovery interface, and its baseline sound quality is good - Iā€™m very happy with the current product.

Going forward, most eager for these major updates (RoonSpeakers?)
a) Roon playback directly to my iPad (eg, to listen via headphones or bluetooth)
b) Roon playback through 3rd party ā€œhigh endā€ players - software (HQP, Amarra, Audirvana, etc) & networked hardware (Meridian, Aries, etc)

Lifer. Never thought Iā€™d find myself leaving LMS behind. After over a decade of wishing I finally get to enjoy music the way Iā€™ve always wanted to.

1 Like

Lifer here as well, signed up Sunday 3 days after trial started. Located in Knoxville. Pretty impressed so far, especially with the teams rabid response rate and willingness to make this the best there is. SQ thru Roon is pretty impressive as well. I like that I can finally manage my entire library and tidal subscription with one remote and connection to my Dac. MQA and HQplayer integration to boot next year, holly wha as we say back in the UP.

Those devs are just foaming at the mouth to help ! :wink:

Welcome to the pen John, and all other new lifers :grinning: