Lifetime Sub Meet and Greet

@Rugby - Converted my annual to life a couple months ago. It’s all good.:sunglasses:

Grreetings Everyone!

2 Likes

Another recent lifer here :slight_smile: I’m impressed with the attitude and passion of the Roon team. Long may they stay independent and close to their user community.

3 Likes

Howdy all, have just bitten the bullet and gone for life membership!

Have previously used Squeeze Server / LMS for well over 10 years so time for a change.

3 Likes

Welcome to the club Dan - I took a similar path, one of the real advantages for me is the legacy Squeezebox hardware support - several of my old devices are still going strong!

2 Likes

Just seen this thread bounce up the list with recent activity. Lifer here as well. I have to say that I don’t Roon…

When Sonos first came out I jumped on that. I thought it was brilliant. At the time it was magic - multiroom sound and better than Bluetooth speaker sound. Now it sounds pretty bad.

I’m laid out waiting to go into hospital for surgery so listening to music through my AppleTV. Again - it now sounds really bad (even though I’m using Roon).

I’m no audiophile. My endpoints are Pi based largely because I like tinkering. I have some decent headphone DACs. Roon has been a revelation for me (I saw the reviews and the hyperlinks and thought “ok. That’s it?!”) but then discovered the Credits section. I start in one place listening to music (Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings. I was fortunate to meet them 4 years ago) and then find connections (the sax player played on a Clapton album I had never heard…). This is why Tidal works well for me - with my own collection I would listen to an album I knew well and then go “oh hey, there’s another album I know well”. Roon is allowing me to discover music I don’t know and don’t own. With Roon I seldom sit down and listen to an album now. Or listen to music linearly. I go where I feel like it.

So why don’t I like Roon? What’s not to like? Well 2 things. 1 I go to hospital soon (hopefully all goes well or this will be the shortest lifetime membership!) and will be away from my ROCK core. So no Roon for me. Apparently there are other players on the market. Apparently.

1. At 499 it is the thin edge of the wedge. I’m discovering music at the moment. It makes me want to buy it. But also I’m lying here and the aTV and tv speakers sound bad. The Sonos amp doesn’t sound great. So now I need better quality endpoints! Roon doesn’t cost $499! It’s going to cost me more than that a week for the foreseeable future at this rate!

I actually only got Tidal because of Roon. I’ll now go buy 4 or 5 Roon Ready endpoints because of Roon. Roon is making a lot of money…for other people!

1 Like

Welcome to all new lifetime subscribers. Great to have new inmates in the asylum !

A special welcome to those new lifers who have signed on while facing health issues. Looking forward to one day reading about the savings you’ve made and the music you’ve enjoyed from decades of happy Rooning.

4 Likes

Thanks @andybob - loving Roon (even if my wallet isn’t enjoying the regular outlays as I become a pet time audiophile because of it) and loving the community where folks are welcoming.

1 Like

Just threw in for the lifetime sub after a full year of trying out Roon. It’s been great to see so many developments and improvements to the software, service, and capabilities. I only wish I had sprung for the lifetime sub last year, but $499 seemed much more expensive back then for some reason…

4 Likes

Welcome to the non exclusive club!

For some folks it takes a year. Some longer. Some get value in days and go for it. It doesn’t really matter how long it takes… the important thing is that you’re here now!

I went straight to a lifetime subscription as soon as I discovered Roon about a year ago. I love it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Count me in, just subscribed for a lifetime sub!

6 Likes

New lifer from Italy

4 Likes

Lifetime member from the Netherlands. I took the plunge February 2017 and no regrets.

2 Likes

I switched to lifetime in January 2018 after being a ‘normal’ subscriber since May last year. Very satisfied!

1 Like

Greetings Everyone!

I had been leaning towards lifetime, in large part to support Roon and what they are trying to do, and decided to go for it (about halfway through my year)!

This post got me excited about the future of Roon, not necessarily that specific vision of Roon Radio 2.0, but that the CTO (@brian) posts regularly, that the team is passionate about music and the product, that it continues to evolve. You have my support… carry on!

Cheers,
Rob.

2 Likes

Welcome to all new lifers, particularly those who’ve converted from an annual subscription. I’m excited for things to come and believe the lifetime sub remains excellent value for money.

2 Likes

After I bought into Roon - it rolled into the usual 1 year option and I think it was less than 24hrs before I had converted that to lifetime. It was a no brainer based on what I had been using those 2 weeks of trial.

Of course the product has developed leaps and bounds since (V1.2 back then) and with so many great things planed it just keeps getting better.

Welcome to the lifers for those who recently stepped up and made yourselves known.

1 Like

Didn’t know where to post but had to share the joy :slight_smile:

Thanks for the input of forum members, especially Ratberg, in helping me get to grips with the set up and ROON for their excellent support, I now have running a 7th Gen Intel i5 NUC, NAS, USBridge and Meridian Prime HA/DAC+PSU combo feeding a pair of bass cannons - the Fostex TH900 mk2s :smile:

Looking forward to the evolution of such an already great product.

Simon

6 Likes