Lifetime Sub Meet and Greet

Roon 1.3 forged my conviction.

1 Like

I was looking for a hires alternative to Sonos. Well, now Iā€™m here, Got Roon running about 2 months ago. Now it makes a lot of suggestions what else I could listen.

Roon core runs on a virtual machine in the computer room, music comes from network storage and TIDAL. Endpoints are spread all over the house.

Iā€™m loving it.

1 Like

Hi fellow lifetimers! Located in NYC. I bit the bullet in December 2016 about an hour before my trial ended. Since I plunked down so much money for Roon, I think Iā€™m entitled an answer to the following question: Where in your software development do you integrate the voodoo and/or witchcraft that made me part so easily with so much money? :wink:

4 Likes

Iā€™m almost certain itā€™s in the Parametric EQ. You can feel it while youā€™re making adjustments. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome all new lifers. Great to have you aboard. My guess @Kerwin_Adduru is that crossroads were involved somewhere.

@andybob Nice Robert Johnson allusionā€¦:smiling_imp:

1 Like

After two annual subscriptions Iā€™ve now stepped up to lifetime - it was always in the hifi budget for this this year, but Rock and the Devialet integration make it a complete no-brainer. Now have a completely portable Rock setup for communing between my home in the UK and my current place of work in Montenegro. If any other lifers are in the Balkans Iā€™d be happy to buy you a beer!

1 Like

SOmetimes I got the feeling that roon will become more expensive or the option for lifetime will no more be available

So, Just upgraded to lifetimeā€¦ which was a reliefā€¦

2 Likes

Upgraded to lifetime here also.

Been listening to High Quality music my entire life and will for the rest of my life. Decided that Roon will be my way forward.

In the last year of my music experience, Roon has been my goto music navigator and its tentacles are slowly covering my entire house.

Also having this community included with this lifetime journey is also a Plus!
MD

3 Likes

Welcome all, great to have you aboard.

1 Like

Hello everyone. Just signed up for Lifetime membership. After being a Sooloos user forever (about 7 years) it was a no brainer for me. My Sooloos unit finally bit the dust, I had the original Sooloos gear, so it was time to upgrade.

Welcome Everyone!

Two year subscriber and now Lifetime Sub member. Wanted to do it straight from the start and knew I should really take that short term pain but itā€™s done now and I feel strangely much better for it!

5 Likes

Welcome Graeme!

Finally upgraded to lifetime after eight month of usage. No regrets :slight_smile:

finally got here im a lifetimer,thank you to the forum members and roon team for help and guidance.

gary

1 Like

Hello everyone. Located in Germany near Cologne. Did the trial with the Audioquest voucher for a few weeks and upgraded by end of August to the lifetime membership. Very happy with roon so far and also with this community :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Everyone,

signed up for lifetime 3 months ago but only just got round to posting on this thread. Though we have only been using Roon for 3 months now, it has completely displaced the Sonos app in our house. Perhaps the greatest compliment of all for the Roon UI/UX is that the Wife loves it too and uses it everyday via iPad and iPhone remotes (with minimal ā€˜tech supportā€™ needed from me). The combination of ROCK and iPad Remote approaches true ā€˜applianceā€™ status and it gets better with every release.

Hi Daniel @Rugby
I joined as fast that I was reading about Roon.
I was sick in cancer at the time since a few years, and I listened a lot on music because it have healing power. But at that time wasnā€™t Iā€™m sure it would be for lifetime!
So thanks to Roon was I free from it by the doctors last summer, but it can come back, but I donā€™t think about it!
Iā€™m listening to music with Roon and enjoying each day, that I have my health :pray:.

9 Likes

Lifer here, too. Jumped in with both feetā€¦errā€¦earsā€¦and went full on NUC, RPi, Ropieee, etc etcā€¦Now if we can just get the android remote thing fixedā€¦ :frowning:

1 Like