Liking a song in Roon radio does not work on Android remote

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10 Pro / 1909 / build 18363.836 / [Roon 1.7 (Build 555) is Live!]

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Zyxel VMG8823-B60B router and Zyxel WAP 6806 access point.
Roon Core connected on 5Ghz WiFi (from the Windows laptop)
Denon Ceol N9 connected via ehternet cable to the router

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Denon Ceol N9 with Chromecast Audio using optical input cable

TEXT GOES HERE

When using the Roon remote on Android (Samsung Note8, Android 9) and listening to Roon radio, pressing the like button (the heart symbol) does nothing - it does not add the song to the liked list.

On Windows core, there is no heart symbol, but thumbs up / thumbs down symbols when playing radio, but these are not present on Android remote.

So essentially, I am missing a very basic use case - being able to mark songs I like when listening to Roon radio in the living room and using Android phone as remote, while my PC with Roon core sits in the home office room.

TEXT GOES HERE

You have to add the track to your library before you can use the :heartbeat:.
https://kb.roonlabs.com/What’s_the_difference_between_albums_in_my_library_and_albums_outside_of_my_library%3F

1 Like

Hi Ged, I did a bit more testing and it is not so straightfotward as it might look. When playing on Android remote, there are two options (see screenshot): (1) Add to Library and (2) Add to A Playlist.
The problem is that using “Add to Library” seems to add the individual track to the library and does not enable liking - the heart symbol still does not do anything. I have to take couple of extra steps to navigate to the album first, add the album to the library and then I can start liking tracks. That’s at least what I experienced.

So the workaround I am taking is that I created a special playlist called “Liked on mobile”, add tracks to that list and then review them on desktop later.

I might be biased, because I have been using Spotify for some time and got used to its one click “like + add to my library” feature. Essentially a quick way to bookmark tracks while listening to radio.

You are almost there and to be honest the way it works makes no sense whatsoever but…
Scenario 1

1. Track X is not in your library.
  2. You add track X to your library. You are still looking at track X from wherever you started, roon radio etc.
  3. Roon has in effect taken a snapshot of track X and added it to the library as say track X®. Track X is not in the library. You have to go to your library and look at track X® to be able to favourite it.
    Scenario 2
  4. Track X, add it to a playlist, it stays track X so you can’t favourite it.
  5. To favourite it you have to add to radio as above.
  6. Watch out, if you add it to a playlist then want to favourite it, you need to go to the playlist version. Otherwise you will end up with X in the playlist and X® in the library.
    Phew!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.