Limit to number of Layout items in a Roon Extension?

Hi,
I am writing a Roon extension, and when I try to add more than 30 Layout items (Dropbox and string) into my layout, the save functions no longer works and the save spinner just keeps spinning.

It works fine with 30, once I add then 31st is stops working.

Is this a know upper limit to the number of controls I can add?
Thanks
Guy

Hi @gwpt,

What kind of extension are you writing?

Can you share a screenshot of what you mean by this?

Hi Noris,
I am writing an extension which manages the settings for an external piece of hardware which communiates to roon via the Roon API.
The way it works is I change the setting via the Roon UI and the devices reads that to get it’s settings.
What I mean by a latout item, is one of the users editable fields in the extsion setting dialog. See following image:

So, with 30 items everything worked fine. When I added the 31st the saving spinner just sits there and never goes away…

Thanks
Guy

Hi @gwpt,

Thanks for the screenshot. Can you provide a snippet of the extension showing how you’re calling the layout items?

This is probably going to be one for the devs to review, but please try to provide as much info/screenshots as you can.

Hi Noris,
Great, thanks, I’ll include the entire UI init block of code (C#).

There is some commented out code with UI elements: ssBargraphContent and ssBargraphContentVideoViewing. When I uncomment these the UI gets stuck on the saving spinner.

Init section of app - UIInit.cs

1 Like

Thanks for sending that over @gwpt, I sent the info over to QA.
I’ll let you know if they have any further questions or when they have discussed you case.

1 Like

Hi @gwpt,

I appreciate your patience until I had a chance to consult with QA regarding this behavior. QA wanted to confirm with you here, does this issue happens only when he is adding Dropbox-string layout item, or with any additional (say, 31-st) layout item.?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.