LInksys WRT 1900AC router help needed

Using Linksys WRT1900AC Router and used the manual portforwarding, but still get the following error:
{

{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“178.xxx.xxx.xx"router_external_ip”:null},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“192.xxx.x.x"found_upnp”:true,“error”:“<s:Envelope xmlns:s="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/\” s:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/\“>\n<s:Body>\n<s:Fault>\ns:Client\nUPnPError\n\n<UPnPError xmlns="urn:schemas-upnp-org:control-1-0">\n501\nPAL_UPNP_SOAP_E_ACTION_FAILED\n\n\n</s:Fault>\n</s:Body>\n</s:Envelope>\n”}
}

}

How complicated is it supposed to be for a “normal high-fi” person, to use this?

1 Like

Hi,

Did you take a look at this guide?

If you have reviewed this guide and still have not resolved the issue, can you provide the following details about your network setup to help expedite troubleshooting?

1. Who is your internet service provider?
  2. Please list the make and model of your modem and router?
  3. Do you have any additional network hardware, like additional routers or managed switches?
  4. Does your network have any VPNs, proxy servers, or enterprise-grade security?
  5. What machine are you using as a Roon Core, and how is it connected to the internet?

Kind regards,

Maarten.

Hi,

Did you take a look at this guide?

yes of course.

Manual port forward done, Port nummer also changed as test.

If you have reviewed this guide and still have not resolved the issue, can you provide the following details about your network setup to help expedite troubleshooting?

1. Who is your internet service provider?

Provider: internet provider in Denmark

1. Please list the make and model of your modem and router?

Modem: Icotera model; i4850-00

Router; Linksys EA6900 V1.1

1. Do you have any additional network hardware, like additional routers or managed switches?

Only an Unifi AP AC LR and a NAS DS216J both wired connection

1. Does your network have any VPNs, proxy servers, or enterprise-grade security?

not that I know of (am not an IT expert).

1. What machine are you using as a Roon Core, and how is it connected to the

Cirrus 7, Intel i3

Roon Rock preinstalled

8 GB S

Wired connection

BR

Hi @Redwine

Thank you for your patience while we’ve diligently worked to reach every request for support with port forwarding. The diagnostics you’ve provided suggest that UPnP is not properly configured on your router.

Please first try the following steps:

• Try to enable UPnP/NATPMP in the web administration interface for the router directly upstream from your Core
  • Try to manually open the port in your router’s port forwarding configuration
  • Make sure the IP/Port matches the Port listed in Roon → Settings → ARC
  • Check for any VPNs or Firewalls that might be interfering
  • Check if your modem is in Bridge mode

If you continue to experience difficulties, please tag the support team and include the following information:

1. Please let us know the name of your internet service provider in Denmark
  2. Is your Modem configured in Bridge Mode so that it operates only as a modem or do you have the ports forwarded on both the modem and router in your home?

Thanks!

nathan

[What are the right ARC port forwarding settings for KPN Experia box 10Va?

I am not an expert.

Henk.

@metadata_support
@Early_Access
Hi Nathan,

Thanks for reply,

All your points have been checked and in order.

1. Provider in Denmark: Stofa A/S
  2. Called Stofa today, they confirmed their modem is in bridge mode only.
  3. Asked, they informed that IP Type: DynamicNatIp if that makes a difference.

Looking forward to a solution!

Redwine

I wonder if I’m still in que for help or?

Hi @Redwine & @nathan2,

@Nathan2, isn’t the DynamicNatIP the problem here?

Kind regards,

Maarten.

Still waiting, what a level of service, not like when paid for a lifetime membership :lying_face:

Have you logged onto your Linksys router and checked settings to see if UPnP is enabled? That would be the first step.

Yes, that’s done and confirmed.

Is the error message the same as before?

This is the error message, testet again today:

{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“178.aaa.bbb.ccc”,“router_external_ip”:“null”},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”}
}

Hi @redwine,

I’am not an expert but you wrote that UPnP is enabled, but when i see the errror message, I don’t think that’s the case.

I am no expert but i do think your ISP has implemented CG-NAT. Could you take a look at the website below and check it.

https://www.purevpn.com/blog/how-to-check-whether-or-not-your-isp-performs-cgnat/

Kind regards,

Maarten.

When I access my Linksys EA6900 using Linksyssmartwifi, I an see that UPnP is activated, but I amnot able to identify any WAN IP mentioned anywhere as your link suggest. So my IT knowledge is not qualifying at an expert!

Apparently a must for running this software.

Sorry this thread sorta died. I read through some of the comments and I think we can move forward.

You mentioned you had a Linksys WRT router, and you also had a Unifi AP. When I had a Unifi thing recently, I also had a Cloud Key and a Unifi Security Gateway. Is the Unifi AP to extend your WiFi network?

Alright, down to business. What’s the ip for the computer running Roon server? What is the gateway on there?

Let’s say the gateway is 192.168.0.1
When you go to the gateway IP, is that your Linksys router?

Now go to whatismyip.com and see if that IP matches your WAN IP. If it does: excellent you’re in the right place. If it doesn’t we have more network digging to do.

Here’s a thread I wrote recently that has some pictures that might help. Oh, which reminds me: the computer that has Roon, is it a windows machine? Temporarily turn off all Firewall, virus scanners and security stuff.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.