Linn Klimax DS not showing up after PC wakeup

Roon does not show my Linn DS any more as a zone when the PC wakes up from sleep. It still shows up under Airplay devices but the Roon specific Linn connection is gone. When I open Linn Konfig or Kazoo both programs find the DS immediately and Kazoo plays music to it. Once I restart RoonServer the Linn DS shows up again with the queue in the state it was before it disappeared. I have not changed sleep or other settings on the PC before or since this happened. @support can you please look into this and let me know how to get this back to normal.

Hi @PSS2P ---- Thank you for the report and sharing this observation you have made with us. The feedback is appreciated and sorry to hear of the difficulties.

Moving forward, to help aide in our evaluation of this behavior may I very kindly ask you to please provide us with the following information:

1. When the Klimax DS is not showing up in Roon are there any other applications running at the same time that may also be accessing the device as well?

2. Please describe how the Klimax is communicating with Roon being sure to provide insight into any device involved with this setup.

-Eric

I own a KDSM and, on the rare occasions that it disappears from Roon, I’ve found that restarting the KDSM usually fixes the problem, not the other way around. Have you tried that?

Thanks for the input. I tried it the first time it happened but it did not help and I ended up restarting the PC which worked. This time I only restarted RoonServer which fixed the issue. I will try the Klimax again first the next time it happens.

A couple of months on I still have the same problem but tracked the root cause to not being the PC going to sleep but the Linn Klimax powering off and on. Behavior and fix for it is as described above.