Linn playback stops, remote not updated, timestamp in logfile not advancing

Hi @noris ,

thanks for coming back to me on this. I have sucessfully set it up using a NUC based on ROCK in the same network. Linn streaming subnet setting is correct. For security reaons I do not want to set roonserver on the particular win 10 workstation that runs the VMs natively but the failing behavior does occur as well when both the VM and the host are completely idle except roonserver. The VM does have a dedicated virtual network card for the Linn streaming subnet. So it is either the VM network stack or the Ubuntu 18.04 LTS that is causing the issues.

Since I intend on using heavy DSPing in a multizone environment, having this on one of my servers / workstations in a VM or similar would be best instead of a NUC.

I found a very similar issue reported by @papa.jay in the following post that is not yet closed:

Linn Akurate / Music stops / Roon Remote not updated:

Here the server runs Ubuntu based as well (but on a NUC not a VM). I wonder if there is something with Linn, roonserver and Ubuntu.

Is there any particular Linux distro that you are recommending instead of ROCK (which lacks VM integration services obviously)?

Best regards,

Sebastian