Linux Cores - Music Library Disappeared with Build 1232 [Roon Investigating]

Roon Core Machine

Grimm MU1

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Asus DSL AC68U and Asus Mesh Wifi - 2 Netgear switches - all audio gear is hard wired to network

Connected Audio Devices

Ethernet to Grimm MU1 and Ethernet to D&D 8C

Number of Tracks in Library

5000 albums 70000 tracks

Description of Issue

Can play all tidal files, but all my locally stored content on both the Synology NAS and internal Grimm SSD show up as albums, but all individual tracks show as unavailable. Have tried rebooting Grimm MU1 core several times and rebooted network. Re-attaching drives does nothing

48 hours and still zero response from support team at Roon. I’m sure this must be affecting multiple users?

Anyway for anyone suffering similar issues - a short temporary fix is to

1. disable your storage locations under settings, and then
  2. log out from your Roon core under general settings.
  3. Log back in and it will show you have zero albums
  4. log back into Tidal/Qobuz and then
  5. go and enable your storage locations - your albums will all appear again.

This is not a permanent fix as it will lose the locations again if you log out or switch off your core. Definitely a problem with current 1223 release

Roon has done the update, but the problem is still there - No local files just Tidal content. Applying the workaround still works, but I have also noticed, like another forum member, playlist tracks all showing as unavailable. On local storage, albums and the majority of tracks can be selected/played, although I have a number of favourite tracks showing as unavailable and other favourites can be selected/played?? - still unresolved

Hi @Evo1668,

We’ve moved your post into a dedicated thread, as your symptoms and diagnostics differ slightly from the issue in the previous topic. We’re actively investigating your case and should have additional information shortly.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.