Linux Roon Control GUI Please [not on roadmap, you may try to use Wine]

I know, you suggested the 120 Hz refresh change as a possible reason in the build where it started. And you changed the thread title of this thread from “use Wine” to “you may try to use Wine”, which is why I felt compelled to reply when you now wrote “use Wine” :wink:

I don’t know what would be special about my setup. It’s certainly possible to likely that there is an issue somwhere in the stack from graphics drivers to composer. However, I have the same under Wayland and Xorg, and I am using a standard current Ubuntu on a reasonably current Dell XPS with gen8 i7 Intel graphics (4K). (The same with the internal secondary AMD graphics).

There are many other people in the relevant thread with many different distributions and hardware, including apparently spockfish himself (who wrote the linux install script) at least for a while (I don’t know how it developed) and frequent contributor Martin_Webster, though he is not bothered too much because his fans don’t start because of it.

I believe fan noise is a common factor in how annoying it is perceived. Some people in the thread initially thought they were not affected, until they checked their cpu monitor. I could also kind of live with a fully loaded core if my fans were silent (but I just had the laptop cleaned and repasted and they still blow). How do you know that it does not affect many, telemetry?

2 Likes