Linux Roon Control GUI Please [not on roadmap, you may try to use Wine]

It would already be a step forward if they started testing on and supporting Wine officially IMHO.
I have no complaints about using the Windows version, that is not really a “native” Windows application as well as the MacOS version is not a “native” MacOS version and Android … you get the gist of it, running in Wine when/if it works. But I would/could gladly do without the thrill every-time an update pops-up: Will it still run or does it break? Will I or some one else be able to get it running again if it breaks and how long will it take until a solution is found (longest wait time for me so far was about a year)?

If I got it right, some users currently use the Android version in an Android container/VM because of issues with the Wine installation, but this sounds much more invasive and resource hungry than a Wine installation. The Android/iOS versions also come with limitations over their desktop pendants which makes them a no-go for some users.

1 Like