List view when browsing artists

Not surprising, my post dates from May 2018, and was for an earlier version of Roon. The keyboard is still active as a means to jump into the list.

Tap the Right edge, youā€™ll see a ā€œsausageā€ , as you drag it you will see a letter, the initial. Drag then release

Or enter 3 letters in the Filter Funnel

Or use Focus

Many ways of skinning the proverbial cat :face_with_monocle:

You can sort by last name, first name, but the display is always first name, last name. This makes it hard to find the last name on the screen. Many classical music composers have strange, unfamiliar first names. For example:
Johannes Chrysostomus Wolfgangus Theophilus Mozart

Agreed, this feature is badly needed. Iā€™m doing the free trial now and have figured out how to do everything I need except this. Just a simple list of Artists without the artwork would be so useful for scrolling/browsing. I know I can jump by alphabet but really with a large library of thousand of artists you can forget what you haveā€¦
This is the one thing that is making me hesitate about subscribing.

3 Likes

Iā€™m not one to add clutter or unnecessary views to Roon, but I have to admit that editing metadata is much easier in list view. When the data is sorted properly the anomalies are much easier to see in list view.

2 Likes

I am confounded that there is no list view for artists and albums. This is basic user experience stuff. For most of my releases there isnā€™t enough room for the title of the release, and I often canā€™t tell the difference between different releases, as the differentiating bit I add to the end is chopped off.

Itā€™s even worse with classical releases with almost every title truncated.

I am forced to scan across and down rows of big dumb icons for everything?
I am not in a store doing random browsing amongst stuff I donā€™t know, itā€™s my collection. I just want a small icon on the left and a wide space for the title of each album or artist, and rapidly scroll up and down with my eye in the same spot to read the titles rapidly, rather than scanning around constantly. Add a Rolodex like alphabetical index bar to the right and you have a far better, more robust user interface. Add a tab switch above the list allow the user to toggle between list and cover art view. Job done and caters for all users.

4 Likes