Listening to Electronic/House/techno/IDM/EDM

Really digging this album.

2 Likes

Rival Consoles
Howl 2015
Rival Consoles is Dan Lee West originating from Leicester, now London UK. For those familiar with some of the bigger names on Erased Tapes label, he is a regular stablemate. This was his third album & arguably his most accomplished release.

Howl

Admittedly, other electronic-oriented artists like Ben Frost, Apparat and Tim Hecker have made similar strides in the direction of organic-inorganic marriage with their own recent work, but what lends Howl its particular distinction is not only its purposefulness, but also a greater sensitivity to emotions that are less abstract and more recognizably human. Simon Chandler

‘Howl’ is a delight from start to finish. It is an album that keeps the dancer in you energised, whilst the philosophical side of your soul ponders its meaning. Simon Tucker

2 Likes

Enjoying this ambient house album.

RoonShareImage-637236676093268612

1 Like

I think this track stands out on the EP.

RoonShareImage-637236869543486847

Digging this.

1 Like

This is sort of electronica but played on non-electronic instruments. It might not be right for this thread but I think it will appeal to anyone who enjoys minimalist mathematical pieces, albeit that it has a human or analogue warmth to it.

It’s available on Tidal.

RoonShareImage-637236837756952823

8 Likes

It’s a solid album :smile:

It’s a classic Ian - one of the seminal minimalistic albums. A great starting place for those not familiar with this genre.

Cheers.

1 Like

Long time since i listened to this :slight_smile:
More from Steve Reich!

RoonShareImage-637237519010342980

1 Like

Drifted off to sleep while listening to this album last night. Meditative, ambient music at its best.

RoonShareImage-637237525140898587

LF58 is a project founded by Giuseppe Tillieci AKA Neel and Filippo Scorcucchi. The duo is fascinated by possibilities offer by electronic music, focusing specially on experimental and ambient music.
Continuous research leads them to increasingly boundless and mystical sonic territories.
The possibilities offered by modular synthesizer, push them to build their own synths, to find the perfect combination between soul and machine.
Pitchfork

2 Likes

Mind melting.

1 Like

Minimalistic with percussion and synths. More like Steve Reich than, let’s say, Burial :smiley:

Passepartout Duo is a music group comprised of pianist Nicoletta Favari and percussionist Christopher Salvito. Making music that escapes categorization, the duo’s ongoing travel around the world informs the multi-disciplinary collaborations, instrumental compositions, and evocative music videos that constitute their body of work. The musical events they create focus on reconsidering the modalities in which people listen to and connect with music, and are cast from a wide range of aesthetics and disciplines.
The group’s 2020 LP release, called Vis-à-Vis, features compositions written for a portable handmade instrumentation that accompanied the duo during a month-long train journey across Central Asia. The instruments were created during a residency at the Embassy of Foreign Artists in 2019 (CH).

1 Like

Chinese artists? Hmmmm, unlikely with those names…

Vis-à-Vis was written and recorded in Geneva, Shanghai, and Beijing at the Embassy of Foreign Artists, the Swatch Art Peace Hotel, and Semi-Underground Space

Perhaps international artists recording on a Chinese Label…listening now. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thomas Fehlmann
Gute Luft (2010)

These sounds are nothing new for anyone with a passing familiarity with Fehlmann’s catalog, but when they’re executed by someone with his ear and sense of structure, the results still feel fresh. Even the ostensibly incidental music here rewards close attention, and the whole is striking enough to make you wonder which direction Fehlmann will take next. (Larry Fitzmaurice)

TF

1 Like

Thomas Fehlmann
Honigpumpe (2007)

Thomas Fehlmann’s superb new album starts off in the middle of things, like it only reluctantly consented to be heard after the proceedings had begun… The album starts out in an ambient mood, with a gentle throb building through the first three tracks, before “Schaum” turns out the lights to focus on the glimmer of a disco ball set to spin. It’s the kind of track a DJ might drop at the beginning of a set to announce his arrival… It’s when that hiss hits hardest that Honigpumpe finds its prime, in part because Fehlmann is so good at his brand of deep-focus production that even a banging beat skews as just one part of what’s going on-- as a texture, a riff, a sign. (Andy Battaglia)

RoonShareImage-637240119631967837

1 Like

Interesting. Can’t find this on Tidal. I’ll try YouTube.

nor on Qobuz…. :frowning_face:

Excellent and extremely relaxing. RoonShareImage-637240063097679290

2 Likes

Oh…No Tidal

@ncpl

Or Qobuz!!

Well, I’d have thought he’s well enough known to be on Tidal, although electronic music isn’t their strongest suit. Qobuz, no idea…it’s not available in Aus, unless using a ‘workaround’.

I gave up Tidal, just prior to getting Roon. I’m still stuck in the world of ownership where my music is concerned. Perhaps, I’ll try it again somewhere down the line. For now, I have way too much music to listen to as is.

Sorry bout that guys. :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Don’t be sorry. If they care they can listen to it. I think I"ll make it my Lunchtime selection, so they can hear it in Discord.

2 Likes