Listening to Electronic/House/techno/IDM/EDM

Perfect escapism for these times. And 3 Hours of masterfully mixed music by the Dude of Dance Music for $1 on Bandcamp.RoonShareImage-637240425253384940

3 Likes

RoonShareImage-637241142226393762

2 Likes

He’s on Tidal but not that album.

1 Like

Excellent album. Very complex sounding using very simple sounds.

1 Like

Really nice :smiley:

Beatrice Dillon - I bought that album of hers; I think it’s excellent. I read ‘somewhere’ that she’s regarded as Britain’s most exciting new electronic artist. I like the incorporation of real instruments that sort of minimise what can often be felt as a harshness.

:sunglasses:

1 Like

It’s frigging brilliant :boom:

RoonShareImage-637241408952694885

1 Like

RoonShareImage-637241421841401786

Minor Science has come a long way in his career, transforming from a leftfield house explorer into an engineer of hybrid, hi-tech music which doesn’t quite sound like anything else out there. https://www.residentadvisor.net/dj/minorscience/biography

I have a feeling this album is already mentioned by @Nostro, @Aaron_Garrett?
I like it!

RoonShareImage-637241450598233488

German producer Bastian Epple, aka MinaeMinae, works a day job in the film industry, editing films, TV shows and documentaries. For his debut on Marionette, he brings these same montage techniques to his melodic and colourful electronic compositions.
Gestrüpp is primarily made up of analog synthesis and samples of drums, congas, djembes and occasionally guitar, often run through modular and DIY tape echo and delay. The result is hypnotic melange of psychedelic trance and experimental, arrhythmic percussion.

1 Like

New Jamie xx - I must be living under a couch - I had no idea. How is it? :open_mouth:

It has it moments… I prefer Beatrice Dillon :blush:

1 Like

About sums up Jamie - his first album was much that way!

1 Like

Another release from Squarepusher, must be the quarantine effect?

RoonShareImage-637242085278544472

Is it any good?

1 Like

I think so but the production is kind of flat.

Not me. I look forward to listening.

1 Like

Blamstrain
Sunday Dub EP (2013)

You can’t beat a bit of deeply ambient dub techno, especially on a Sunday. Finnish producer Juho Hietala (aka Blamstrain) serves up exactly that on this very tasty excursion into the furthest reaches of dub minimalism. Even if you don’t play it on a Sunday…you’ll think it’s a Sunday anyway. (Andy Gillham)

Ambient dubs!!!

Sunday Dub

1AM

Ambient!!!

Tundra I​-​VII (2013)
Blamstrain

2 Likes

New from Jon Hopkins. Singing bowl meditation. Inspired by his magic mushroom experience?

3 Likes

Love it. I just listened to Meditation 1 - Singing Bowl (Ascension) a few times in a row. Quite a bit different from Jon but really smoothed out my morning! Give it a spin… you won’t regret it.

1 Like