Listening to Electronic/House/techno/IDM/EDM

Someone here recommended this artist, a while ago. Sorry I forgot but thanks! This one, I really like!

2 Likes

1 Like

Dusky - Pressure

And

Daphni - Cherry

Two good new albums, both a bit more dance floor.

Gidge - New Light

From 2020, a bit more on the IDM, but very nice electronica from Sweden.

3 Likes

Really enjoying this one. Thanks for the heads up :slight_smile:

1 Like

As per above :smile: it deffo deserves a double recommendation

1 Like

Also been really liking this debut

1 Like

3 Likes

Absolute classic :slight_smile: Plus noticeably not compressed.

1 Like

Nice to see there’s a topic!

I am really into Romanian minimal techno and everything surrounding it. Most stuff is very rare to find and usually impossible to even find a track ID. Also, a big fan of Richie Hawtin and his sound.

To me electronic music is a live thing and a dance floor experience. I don’t listen to it at home very often. Although after 20+ years of raving… the future might be at home a lot more.

4 Likes

5 Likes

RoonShareImage-638020396281228730

3 Likes

grafik

2 Likes

5 Likes

Favourite Sunday album.

3 Likes

2 Likes

So I’m guessing we have all heard of Bonobo on this thread, but perhaps Anna Lapwood is less well known.

She is an incredible musician who is resident organist at the Royal Albert Hall and Director of Music at Pembroke College, Cambridge.

Anna rehearses her organ playing at the Albert Hall overnight, mainly because the instrument is so loud! Earlier this year she was playing in the wee small hours when someone shouted a request up to her, Bach’s Toccata in D minor.

Long story short, the requestor turned out to be a member of Bonobo’s band… 12 hours later they had written her an organ part in their closing number and she performed it live with the band.

Please accept my advice here and play this as loud as you possibly can, ideally it should be making your insides rumble!

10 Likes

RoonShareImage-638030024373621940

1 Like