Live Radio Dropping on Sonos and other endpoints

ROCK running on NUC
Operating System Version 1.0 (build 219) stable
Roon Server Software Version 1.7 (build 571) stable
Remotes running on MAC, Androids and iOS
Music library 4182 tracks stored on Synology NAS connected via Ethernet
Services: Tidal HiFi Streaming & Dropbox for backup

Wired Gigabit switched Ethernet network with two WiFi APs (Netgear & TPlink) into Virgin Hub router+WiFi AP single sub-net (APs have different SSIDs)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Sonos Play:1 x4 via WiFi (also Sonos Connect + MAC Direct Optical out to amp + Denon AVR + iPAD via Bluetooth to Bluetooth amp+speakers + various Android mobiles)

Description Of Issue

After about 5 minutes Live Radio feeds drop on Sonos and iPad/Android devices, works fine into MAC as Endpoint. Playing from Tidal in Roon works fine into the same endpoints. Also playing from Tidal directly into Sonos endpoints works fine.

Hello @Bob_Tait, and welcome to the community! Just to confirm, everything is working BUT live radio? Does this happen for all stations? Can you tell me a few of the stations you’re noticing this on? Thanks!

Thanks @nuwriy! I need to run a suite of tests at the weekend! In the meantime I noticed when the Live Radio playback stops first there’s silence and then a message flashes up to the effect that “Roon has lost control of the device” even though there’s no other activity targeting the Sonos device. Then the control changes to indicate the playback is stopped. Happens consistently and repeatedly after about 5 minutes of playback on two of the pairings.
More data later unless there’s something else I should try.
ATB,
Bob

Hello @Bob_Tait, I spoke to the team and we had another test for you to try when you get a chance. Can you see if connecting your core and one sonos directly to the router works better? You’ve got a lot of gear there and it would be good to know where the problem begins, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.