Live Radio Fails to Play

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

ROCK

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet to NUC

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Computer, iPhone 8, Chord MojoPoly

Description Of Issue

When I launch any radio source to play using Roon Radio, I get the following message: “Playback was interrupted because a track failed to load.”

Here is a screenshot:

As you use ROCK, have you installed the codecs? You can check this by going to the ROCK’s web page. If it’s written somewhere there that it’s missing codecs, then you have to install them (see Roon OS Missing Codecs).

Yes, I did that on my last attempt, and just checked it. The file ffmpeg-git-20200324-amd64-static is in \ROCK\Data\Codecs. I just rebooted the NUC (in case I didn’t do it last time).

After the restart, I went to the System Status page where it reports under Roon Server Software that my installation of Roon is “Missing Codecs”.

That is where I stopped last time as well as this attempt now.

Please read and follow the guide linked above. The only file you have to copy to your ROCK is called ffmpeg.

1 Like

And that was my problem. I removed the folder and added just the ffmpeg file. Roon Radio plays!

Thanks for clarifying.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.