Live Radio metadata for 100+ stations incl. BBC, Radio France, FLAC radios and more

@alec_eiffel I only listen to the “Concarneau” version. I think you are right, it must only be the news that is different. Anyway, thank you very much.

1 Like

Update Jan 11th, 2023

• Added Tsuiokuyo’s FLAC Anime Music title info [OGG lossless] metadata / no cover
1 Like

I just recently discovered that the tracks in Live Radio are not only displayed but also linked to the actual albums in my library or on streaming services. Great feature … this has immediately become my favourite way of getting started / getting an impulse of what on earth (of all the thousands and thousands of albums and songs) I could listen to today.

Update Jan 19th, 2023

• Added Juice 103.8 [OGG lossless] metadata + cover / OGG stream not supported by Roon
  • Added Radio Canada ICI Première, ICI Musique and ICI Musique Classique [AAC] metadata + program pic
  • Added cover history browser on Metadata Server https://radio-metadata.fr/ui
2 Likes

Update Jan 23rd, 2023

• Added Radio X [FLAC] “artist - title”, no cover
1 Like

Update Feb 1st, 2023

• Added Zappa Stream Radio [FLAC] “artist - title”, no cover
  • Added La SuperSonica [FLAC] “artist - title”, no cover
  • Added OpenSky Radio [FLAC] “artist - title”, with cover
  • Added CN’O [FLAC] “artist - title”, no cover
  • Added Chiru [FLAC] “artist - title”, no cover

Note that some on these are not available in Roon because of the long lasting “FLAC EOS/BOS” bug.

1 Like

Update Feb 2nd, 2023

• Added LapFox Radio [FLAC], covers available
  • Fixed Rondo Klasu and Klasu Pro [FLAC], no cover
1 Like

Is there a way to add metadata for the NTS radio stations?

I can add Program Name to NTS 1 as it is missing and available on their API https://www.nts.live/api/v2/live
NTS2 already carries Program Name
They don’t make song descriptions available apparently…

They make tracklistings available to paying subscribers - 2.99GBP per month - and judging by their FAQ, even those might be incomplete

1 Like

Update Feb 7th, 2023

• Added Absolut Top [FLAC], covers available
  • Added Punkrockers Radio [FLAC], covers available
  • Added Le son parisien [FLAC], covers available
  • Added Radio Club 80 [FLAC], no covers
  • Added Antena Zadar [FLAC], no covers

Unfortunately only “Absolut Top” will play in Roon because of the long lasting EOS/BOS bug which has been around for more than 2 years… Frustrating! Come on @beka! It’s silly the #1 HiFi app is unable to play FLAC HiFi streams correctly where every other sound app succeeds.

3 Likes

First of all, many thanks for this addition.

Would it be possible to add the metadata for the German Public Radio stations by e.g. SWR, HR, WDR, NDR, BR etc.?

As far I can see, SWR, WDR, NDR etc. carry metadata natively, and these are displayed in Roon.

I will try. Thanks again.

Update Feb 16th, 2023

• Added H2O Grand Annecy [FLAC], no covers
  • Added H2O Chambéry Aix [FLAC], no covers
  • Renamed H2O to H20 Lac d’Annecy [FLAC], no covers
1 Like

Could you please add metadata for the Minneapolis Live Radio station The Current 89.3 FM? Thank you.

This looks difficult as the info is not transmitted in-stream or from a website fetch, but via wss.

That’s too bad. Thanks for taking a look at it so quickly. I appreciate it.

I have added metadata for The Current 89.3 for you, in Beta mode. I had to use a non conventional scrapping technique so please monitor and report issues here.

1 Like

WSS is ending up as a JSON text in the HTML, a bit tricky to scrap but feasible :slight_smile:
The Current has full metadata so covers will be displayable if Roon implements the feature. The station is present twice in our directory, I enabled metadata service for both.

{
“radio”: “thecurrent”,
“lastupdate”: “2023-03-03T16:10:24.056Z”,
“mode”: “song”,
“data”: {
“metadata”: “Nikki Lane - Denim And Diamonds”,
“title”: “Denim And Diamonds”,
“artist”: “Nikki Lane”,
“album”: “Denim and Diamonds”,
“cover”: “https://albumart.publicradio.org/mb/c4/c4ba909d-6246-4e72-ba42-6c217684a460_ea8f.jpg
}
}

1 Like