Live Radio metadata links no longer working

I agree… I was just meaning, say in comparison with the way Roon search got messed up recently (which sort of makes the software unusable for me as I’m always looking for stuff), you know, on a scale of 1 to 10 - but yes let’s upgrade my ‘not crucial’ to ‘crucial’! :slight_smile:

Actually I often use Shazam anyway and copy and past results into Roon - but as the search is crap just now… :laughing:

1 Like

Ahh yes - Shazam- thanks for reminding me. :grinning:

1 Like

It seems to me that the metadata should be linked again with the music offer in my Qobuz account, as it was before the updates.
Personally, I find the new updates a little too ambitious, at the expense of remote stability (too many IPad crashes), excessive memory space consumption (almost 1 Gb of space is added every month, requiring at last a fresh reinstall and all my settings are lost).
And now the metadata problem.
As a music lover I still think Roon is unsurpassed, but there shouldn’t be too many bumps in my path, which spoils the fun. I could live without daily mixes, but not with the aforementioned shortcomings.

1 Like

Does Roon have even the slightest intention of repairing this feature and reintegrating it back into the software? Linking to artists/tracks “now playing” on RP radio or other stations while pointing to one’s Qobuz or Tidal account is not a “nice to have” but rather a “must have”. It was there once and worked admirably. When will it be reinstated? Thanks.

2 Likes

Didn’t think so…

It’d be nice to hear something back, even if it’s only “wait until next year”. Seems to be a bit of a black hole.

Michael

2 Likes

Hmm. Interesting. Metadata links have been working here on Radio Paradise Mellow Mix for the last hour. Scala Radio too.
Fingers crossed it’s been sorted.

Michael

EDIT: Hmm again. Seems a bit spotty…

seems to be working here on main, rock and mellow mixes and finding content both within my own library and also on Qobuz. I won’t break out the bubbly just get but things are looking promising.

2 Likes

Yep, the feature seem to work as it used to until 2 months ago!
All good on FIP and RP.
Let’s hope it doesn’t break again.

Yes, I think it’s back to normal now, finally. Very happy with it and I hope it stays that way.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I had no idea how much I’d been missing this feature!

Yep, it really great to have this working again. Thanks to the room Devs for finally fixing this. I’m very happy.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Spoke too soon, today Groove Salad Classic metadata is not clickable…

1 Like

Do you mean neither stream is clickable (they are for me), or the metadata shown in your screenshot should be clickable (there have been problems)?

Metadata not clickable…

Same problem as this?

Same for all stations?

All streams of same station have non clickable metadata.
Some other radio stations do have clickable metadata, see for example…

And today I can’t either. Looking at my logs I see

Info: Got no track result for subtitle ‘Mc 900 Ft Jesus - Buried At Sea’

So it seems to be a back end Roon thing where the station metadata can’t be fully analysed.
Moving these posts to that other thread so as to keep things in one place.

@dylan to note please.

3 Likes