Live Radio metadata links no longer working

Playing live radio this evening, I realise that I haven’t been able to click on a single artist or album link for any radio station that I have been listening to. I have a Qobuz subscription and normally 80%+ of all tracks played on Radio Paradise are clickable but this evening, nothing. I’m not sure when this problem started but I’ve got albums that I added to my collection 3 days ago based on links to Radio Paradise tracks that were playing.

I tried restarting the core (and client) but no difference.

1 Like

Yes, something’s wrong. I’ll inform the devs.

Thank you.

1 Like

I confirm. None of the 10 stations I’ve tried is showing clickable links.
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

1 Like

We’re looking into this. Thanks for letting us know!

3 Likes

I now realize how much I enjoy being able to link to albums from internet streams. Any update on progress to resolve?

1 Like

This and Roon Radio are possibly my favourite features of Roon. The metadata links worked for me briefly yesterday, then stopped again.
Any news?

Michael

2 Likes

I agree. I find that being able listen to (for example) Radio Paradise and thinking “oh, I like this song” and then being able to discover a new artist and add their albums to my library is pretty much the best thing about Roon for me at the moment.

I’m confident that engineering team will get it fixed for the next update but it’s a bit strange that it just suddenly broke. It’s always possible that the fix is not trivial.

1 Like

Is there any prospect of a recovery of the links? For me, the links (from Radio Paradise, for example) are indispensable for clicking through to new discoveries of music. So I hope the problem will be resolved soon.

3 Likes

Yes please @dylan what’s going on? WIll the regression be solved at some stage? Thx

1 Like

Bummer to have lost this valuable feature for so long…and no mention of why or when/if it may return.

3 Likes

+1 missing it more and more lately…

1 Like

Me too…just noticed this was broken. My favorite Roon companion feature in conjunction with the Radio Paradise metadata feed.

1 Like

Also having this problem and it’s very very inconvenient. It used to work fine, now it doesn’t work at all.

Massively disappointed to find out this this regression has not been fixed in the new update.:frowning: What’s going on guys?

2 Likes

Add me to the list of those who highly valued this function, who are “massively disappointed” that it was not quickly restored, and that there has been no recent comment from the developers about what is wrong and when we can expect a fix! This was a hugely efficient means of building my library with higher quality versions of material I first heard and liked in low resolution on Live Radio stations. Please fix this soon!

2 Likes

And crickets from Roon…

I just realized links in radio streams are working on iOS but not on MacOS with Safari. That is when the Track, Album and Artist remain visible on screen.

Edit, about 20 minutes later…Things are improving. Links work once again, for the moment anyway on both iOS and MacOS.

Here, the links sometimes work after a restart of the core, but only for a song or two, then I’m back to non-working links.
I’m presuming it’s down to the core rather than the remotes here because it’s not working on all three remotes (iPad, iPhone and a Win10 PC), but there’s nothing I can tweak on the core as it’s on a NUC running ROCK.

Yeah, it’s hit or miss here too but nice to see some change/progress.

Is there any progress in finding a solution for the missing links? It sometimes works with a few stations, but only for a very short time. Most of the time nothing works.
The recent update didn’t give any changes. I miss this option very much.

2 Likes