Loading of Overview is a lot slower now

Similar issues here as @Yiannis_Kouropalatis

1. Loading of Overview is a lot slower now, also 5 to 10 sec. Never below 5 sec. Used to be almost instant, 1 sec.

2. Starting Roon remote, from Win10 PC or iPad I now regularly get the message “trying to connect” for 1 to 2 seconds. Before Roon starts.

This started to happen after I also updated the core to build 536, so with the combination of:

• Remote1.7 build 536 and Core 1.7 build 536

This did NOT happen with the combination of:

• Remote 1.7 build 536 and Core build 1.7 521/ RoonOs 183/ Firmware 1.0 build 183

Have restarted the core several times, but both problems remain.
Hope my info helps to solve this annoying behavior, especially because ROON was very fast with no real delays to speak of.

Hi @S_Schorr,

• What is the NUC model you’re using as your Core?
  • How many tracks total are in your library? You can find this on the Overview screen
  • Can you describe your network setup?

Thanks!

Hi @dylan, thank you for your reply. Please find below the requested info, tried to be as specific as possible, hope it helps.

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Dedicated NUC Intel I5 8Gb Ram 256Gb Samsung SSD
Roon 1.7 (build 536) -no delay with (build 512)
Roon OS 1.0 (build 186). - no delay (build 183)
OS Version Firmware 1.0 (build 186). - no delay (build 183)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Fritzbox Router 7590 with 200m/bit fiber optic
Synology NAS 214play
Ethernet throughout, ROCK/NAS/Devialet all at 1 Gbit/s Cat7
Remote: Dell XPS13 I7 wifi 650m/bit and iPad Air

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Devialet Expert Pro 440 - ethernet
NAIM Unity Star - ethernet

Number of tracks in ROON - 12112

Every switch within ROON back to Overview takes between 5 to 8 seconds, be it from an album I’ve been listening to, from Genres, Live radio, Playlists. This behavior started to occur when I update the core to build 536. With core build 521 and remote build 536, no delay.

Thanks for the support!

1 Like

Thanks for the details, @S_Schorr — Much appreciated! I’ve passed this information along to the team for investigation.

Thank you @dylan.

Have a good weekend.

Still no reaction or news … Roon is still a wreck and only got worse with the following updates.

Hi @S_Schorr,

We have some changes coming in a future update that we believe will improve this issue. I can’t promise any specific timelines just yet, but it is something we are actively looking into. Apologies for the continued troubles!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.