LoadLibrary filed with error 87. The parameter is incorrect

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Roon Core: Windows 10 LTSC on ASRock Z390 board, Intel i7 processor and 16 GB RAM 2 SSDs-1 for system and 1 for storage.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

The laptop is wireless through an Orbi Mesh device and the Office PC and Roon Core are both wired ethernet through a Netgear 16 Port Gigabit Switch.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Core is connected via USB to Mytek Brookly DAC+. Office PC (remote) is connected to Vanatoo Transparent One Encore Speakers via USB.

Description Of Issue

When I sit at my laptop and use RDP to log into the PC in my office upstairs (lazy) to start Roon remote I get the LoadLibrary filed with error 87. The parameter is incorrect. Roon will not start on that PC unless I go there and start it from the console.

This is the second PC on which I got the error as I just replaced the PC in the office and the old one was getting the same error.

Hi @Robert_Broder,

Are you graphics card drivers up-to-date? See:
https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000020069

Although I had used the Windows automatic driver update for my AMD card, I continued to have the issue. After receiving your message and reviewing the linked article, I updated the on-board Intel video card (by using device manager and selecting “show hidden devices”) using the Windows automatic driver update. This did not fix it. I then went to the AMD website and installed a beta driver for my AMD HD 6450 card and this, finally seems to have resolved the issue.

This shouldn’t be so difficult!

Just as an FYI… I am also unable to view PDF files on my Samsung Tab A tablet since the installation of the latest Roon update.

Hi @Robert_Broder,

Glad to hear that updating the graphics card resolved this issue! I believe it was an interaction of using RDP to start Roon and updating the driver sorted the issue out.

We have an active ticket regarding this issue and the devs are working on this. I can’t specify a timeline of when the work will be complete, but it is in the development queue and will be addressed.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.