Local files not displayed (was: New "My Library" Tab - Collections)

I haven’t seen this specifically mentioned before but I think it would be really useful to have a “Collections” tab in the My Library side bar. For instance, I have about every Cafe Del Mar Album released but to see all of these in one screen is not intuitive and even after scraping, the first 4 albums in the series don’t show up in the search results.

Jellyfin organises collections of movies (e.g. all Die Hard movies in one place). Can Roon do this with my music collection?

Edit: Actually it’s worse than I thought. Out of 110 albums, Roon has only captured 23 and the rest are not showing in skipped files. I can only flag the folder to rescan, it seems. Is there a force/find add option?

If you have this artist and most of their releases in your library, go to the artist’s page …

Then select Discography, and filter on your library.

Optionally, bookmark this view for easy access.

1 Like

It’s not working for me. I only have the Overview tab to start with.

And I’ve scraped twice and still only 23 Albums and 2 ‘Compilations’

I should be seeing all of these:

Any ideas?

It doesn’t look like the albums are in your library. Please share screenshots of your Home screen, Settings > Storage, and also Settings > Library > Skipped files.

Please follow this guide for uploading screenshots rather than photos.

I’m also moving the thread to Support.

Hi @Dean_Stelfox,
Welcome to the Roon community! It looks like you have a ROCK set up but your screenshot shows that your PC is holding the media files. You have two options to solve this. You can either share the PC files to your network or copy the files over to you ROCK. Let me know if you have any trouble setting this up.

Thanks for the reply but they are not on my PC. If you look at the top of the windows explorer view you will see this points to a folder on my Rock internal storage.

The files are all there but the only way I can see all of the complications in the same place is if I do a focus view of just the containing folder (“Chill Out”).

All albums are entitled “Cafe Del Mar” [xxxx].

If I search my full Roon database for the words “Cafe Del Mar” the result lists just 23 compilation albums - not the 112/113 that I have loaded on Roon.

So far, I’ve only seen the problem with compilations. If I search an Artist name, like “Rolling Stones” all RS albums are listed in the search result.

Are you sure it is pointing to the Internal Storage folder on ROCK? It seems to be pointing to a local folder called Roon, rather than to a mounted NAS folder like this:

But in any event, I would check the metadata that you have in your ripped albums. That may be what is preventing Roon from properly identifying the albums and grouping them correctly.

1 Like

Positive.

Perhaps this is clearer.

Metadata is blank, but EAC extracts the genre for all as “A Capella” by default for some reason.

The only other file in a folder is a cover image.

As mentioned in my earlier post, please check for skipped files under Settings > Library.

If you have no metadata, Roon may have trouble identifying each release.

If you’ve got no metadata in the files, then Roon will almost certainly have difficulty in identifying the albums, and it can’t fall back to using metadata to construct album entries. I suspect you are going to need to use a third-party metadata editor (e.g. Mp3tag or dBpoweramp) to put metadata into the files.

Thanks, understood. I will try and run a few albums through Picard (https://picard.musicbrainz.org) and report back.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.