Local music, still relevant?

Me too. Plus artists actually get paid. As an violinist myself I understand how critical it is.

Get the PS Audio SACD Transport and you’ll never look back.

And if you really wanted superlative sound, connect it to their DirectStream DAC through i2s. Oh my gawd. I gave this setup. Unbeatable

If the Mk2 DAC is too dear, get the Mk1. You can get now for used probably around USD3k. The Mk2 just came out a month ago so good deals going.

Yeah I only buy SACD, DSD256 especially those recorded in DSD256 (Octave, Just Listen, HDTT etc) , and remastered and reissued vinyl (AP, Mofi etc) nowadays

Thanks, but we had this discussion before. The PSAudio SACD device will only work with PSAudio equipment.

I think the McIntosh player has the same drawback.

No don’t think so. You can connection via i2s to other DACs that use the same hdmi pin configuration, like Holo, and others that are reconfigurable through dip switches.

Plus you could connect via USB as well…

1 Like

No player at all :slight_smile: all in roon

Waste of money. Just rip the SACD with a old Sony Blu-ray player and use a DAC that actually measure’s well.

Aha, what software did you use to rip from the SACD layer?

Thanks.

1 Like

Up to you. I don’t agree. Depends on a lot of things. I also have ripped SACDs.

I just tried out their samples as DSD and as PCM cant say its a massive difference and not one I would hunt for given the extra price for the media and the extra space it takes up. Its a little softer on DSD but they dont seem to be exaclty at the same volume level to me when swapping between them, perhaps thats just the difference between the formats. But I cant say I preferred DSD over the PCM equivalent a little different yes but not worth gushing over. I will pass as I have so far on DSD, its not really used for the music I mainly listen to so not missing anything I dont think. For the little Classical and Jazz I do listen to PCM will be fine.

I have 104 DSD albums in my local library. Most of them are ripped SACDs. I prefer DSD to PCM but the actual mastering in more important than the format.

I don’t understand how people think using a SACD transport is better than playing ripped SACD tracks.

Oh, I much prefer the Holo Audio May KTE to the DirectStream MKI DAC.

I just picked Steely Dan’s “Can’t Buy a Thrill” SACD by Analogue Productions and it is fantastic. It is easily the best mastering to date.

Oppo, playstation 3 first gen.

1 Like

Only before the released a specifc firmware wasnt it on the George Foreman PS3?

Yep thats the one I have. Also have it booting into linux. Rainy day project is tontry and get roonserver running on it

I updated mine so lost that functionality. Its somewhere in my attic these days.

Ill let you know when I attempt it if you are curious.

Can you roll it back ? Not even sure it would start anymore been up there so long.

Not sure it that a rollback firmware update was ever released.