Local Roon Library but SACD/CDs are out of print

Those transfers were done in DSD. I tend to prefer things in the original transfer resolution. [Although I don’t think you have a choice, since the DSD files have been pulled off the market and are not purchasable as a download].

But there shouldn’t be a difference between the Mono Boxset on qobuz Vs the Japanese rereleases on SMH-CD that will be available in October?

Abko is the publisher for the mono box. But the Japanese mono CDs are published by universal.
Both seem to use the 2016 remaster?

(I’m reading that 206 pages thread in the Steve Hoffman forum. )

I would prefer to have the option to by the DSD files :slight_smile: but that seems to be impossible.

Is this a worthwhile purchase over the qobuz pcm version?

I have not heard that version. So I can’t comment.

1 Like

Just purchased that DSD file. What kind of Dynamic range would the SACD have? Mine shows a DR of 7 in Roon.

But I have volume leveling enabled if that matters?

Roon uses a different DR rating than what is listed in online loudness databases

1 Like

Thanks. I was already worried I purchased a old master, upscale or some kind of crap.

Are the mono recordings good? Might be worth it picking up the cd Boxset after the Beatles mono box looks like will never be back in print…

I love them. I have never been that keen on the Beatles or stones stereo early albums as they sounds the tape has just been cut in half to me which gives an unnatural sound. Maybe that’s just me.

I thought I saw the mono box on qobuz before. But I’m not able to find it in Roon at all.
It’s in the qobuz shop for purchase but no sublime subscription discount.

Damn that really sucks a bit… Suddenly a couple tracks on exile on mainstreet are “unavailable” on qobuz. I really have to get my local library up :slight_smile:

Since I purchased beggars banquet in DSD is it worth it to get let it bleed in DSD? I think there are 2-3 of album’s still available as digital purchase.

I can’t find Bob Dylan in Mono in Roon (qobuz, tidal) but it shows up on my android phone when I search for it in HQAPP?

Could someone maybe check if they are really there?

What region are you? Licenses can vary. What I can listen to in Qobuz in the US might be different than in the UK, for example.

Germany /10 characters

In US Qobuz I have 4 versions of Exile, and all tracks available on the different versions.

This morning the songs where available again but sure enough there are others missing from the stones mono Boxset.

:-1:

Well, that is just life with streaming. If the inconsistency bothers, then the only option is to own, which is where I am at, atm.

3 Likes

I’m working on it :slight_smile: I ripped a couple CDs that I purchased used. Bought a few on qobuz and just bought Dylan’s Oh! mercy as DSD release.

And the Dylan mono CD Boxset.

I’m mostly fine with streaming and don’t care that much about masters or if a couple of track’s go missing. But I want to get at least my favourites.

Well, that makes things much easier. However, I’m on the opposite end of things. Mastering is the most important, imho, determinate of SQ for a release. A well mastered CD level release can beat a high res remaster. Once you realize just how different an album sounds with different mixing/mastering, then you start going down the rabbit hole of finding the best version ever released for your favorites.

3 Likes

I care about master’s a bit. At least the stuff that I listen often too :slight_smile:
But it’s not that important for the things I only listen to occasionally or roon radio.

But looks like I’m to late to collecting these things because the stuff that I would like to have is all sold out or difficult to get through eBay.

Just received a external CD drive. Ripped a CD with DBPoweramp for Mac. Worked really well.

But I wonder what happened to the Free software XLD… looks like it’s outdated and not supported by Mac OS anymore

1 Like

Not so, I use it on my M1 running Big Sur.

https://tmkk.undo.jp/xld/index_e.html

I’ve just updated to Mac os 12.6 today (M1). And tried to install XLD . Got the message I should contact the developer to update the software.